seven: hungry

“Yes, dad. Yep, I'm okay here. Yeah. Don't worry. Okay, bye, love you.”I said, and then hung up the call.

I am arranging my stuff in a room that is supposed to be my room, as what Yoongi said. The room is way smaller than my room back at my house, but it is comfy and managable enough for me. When I was done, I went out of my room and went towards the kitchen to prepare for Yoongi and Jae's lunch.

Yoongi isn't in his group's "dorm" at the moment, since he said that it's their day off for today.

I was cooking fried chicken, and the sizzling noise of the chicken deep fried in oil filled the dead silence in the Min's condo unit. "Why are they so silent?" I thought, looking around. Jae is in his room, and Yoongi is in his room too. Their rooms are separated from each other. I sighed, when I was four, Jimin and I used to sleep in our parents' room. We even refused to sleep in our own room  because we're scared of monsters or something.

But I can notice that Jae is distant from his father. Yoongi isn't that good in kids, I thought, but I can see that he's trying. I sighed, and took out the fried chicken from the pan, and placed those on a plate. I put on rice on another plate. I placed the plates on the dining table, along with the pitcher of apple juice.

“Lunch is ready,”I announced, and three seconds later, Yoongi went out of his room, scratching his bedhair,“Oh...”he said, and went towards the dining table and sat on a chair, “Thanks.”

“Where's Jae, sir?”I asked him, and Yoongi ate a chicken leg, “In his room,” he replied, nibbling on the chicken, and shoved some rice in his mouth. “Whoa, you cook really well. I never had this kind of fried chicken in my whole life.”

I laughed, “thanks, sir.” and then looked at  the door of Jae's room, “Should I call Jae, sir?”

Yoongi shrugged, “Please. He doesn't go out of his room if I was the one calling him.” I nodded, and went towards Jae's room. I knocked on the door lightly,“Jae, lunch is ready.”

There is no response. I knocked again, “Jae. Eat lunch.” Again, there was no response. So I knocked again, but this time, louder. “Jae-”

The door opened. I looked down, and Jae was standing there, looking up at me, “I will not eat.” he said sternly, “But Jae-” I said, and the door slammed right in front of my face.

Yoongi clicked his tongue as he stood up and went towards the room's door. He knocked aggressively on the door, “Min Jae, open the door.” He said, the tone of his voice reminded me of how dad used to scold me when I was little.

“Min Jae.”Yoongi said again, and there was no response. Yoongi pulled out a bunch of keys from the drawer near Jae's room, and he found the key of Jae's room. He opened the door harshly.

Yoongi looked at his son, who is sitting on the bed, playing with his laptop with headphones covering his ears. I heard Yoongi clicking his tongue, and he turned to face me, “Just go and eat your lunch.. After that, wash the dishes. Thanks for the food.” he said, and then he closed the door, leaving me dumbfounded outside.