twenty one: pep talk

"Why do these chocoballs taste so good?"Yoongi asked as he was chewing on a chocoball that I brought for him not too long ago. I nodded, "Of course. I made these." "You've got time to make these many?"Yoongi asked and I nodded, "Yeah, I dropped by our place earlier before I went here."

We are just casually eating chocoballs and drinking beer inside a hospital room.
Jae was already fast asleep, so Yoongi and I decided that we'll have a small 'pep talk' and all.

"Is this even allowed?"I asked, opening another can of beer, and drank a gulp from it. "We'll just throw these outside later. They'll not find out." Yoongi shrugged, and chugged on his can of beer.

"Ah, that was refreshing."He said, and threw the can in the trashbin. "Hey, I remembered that old friend of yours." He said, and my eyebrows met, "What old friend?" "The one whom we met at Forever 21?"Yoongi said, and I "Ah"-ed.

"Yeonji?"

"Yeah, Yeonji." Yoongi nodded, "Let me tell you a really short story of my life... Well I had a twin brother... that's what my parents said... He went missing when we were still in the NICU room as babies. My parents have been looking around for him, but unfortunately, they weren't able to find him." Yoongi opened another can of beer, "but not until we met this Yeonji at the shopping mall. It just piqued up my curiosity."

My eyes widened, "So you mean that Yeonji was your missing twin?" Yoongi shrugged, "I told that to my parents, and they went to see her last week. They had conducted a DNA test to her. The results are still not out, so I'm still not sure if she's my twin or not."

"How did she end up there, anyway?" I asked, sipping on a can of beer. "Dunno." Yoongi popped a chocoball in his mouth. "Anyway, the two of you used to like...hookup, right?" I nodded, "Right." He grinned, "how far did the two of you go?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Why?" "Nothing, just curious." Yoongi said. "Well we just made out a lot of times. That's all."I said. "So you're a great kisser, then?" Yoongi asked, and I let out a smirk, "Why, would you like to try it out, sir?"I asked. Yoongi's face flushed, but he leaned in closer to me, that our faces are just way too close to each other, "I'm way more better at that." he grinned.

"Oh really, sir?"I asked, and he shrugged, "Of course." he threw another can of beer in the trash, then he looked at me,"Would you like to try it?" My eyes widened, "Sir-" but my voice failed me.

He held my chin, and my face went hot. "Why are you doing this to me, Minji?" He went to place my arms around his neck. "You're too different from Sohee." he mumbled, Oh shit, this is really it. He leaned in closer and our noses touched, "You're making me confused, you know?" He was about to go closer when someone coughed,

"Adults, don't do adult stuff here. This is a hospital room, not a motel room. Put your display of affection in the right place, adults." Jae said, his face cringed, which made me push Yoongi away real fast, that his butt landed on the ground. Yoongi groaned in pain, as he was massaging his lower back.

Jae looked at me, and then at his dad, "Are the two of you on now?"

Yoongi and I stared at each other for a moment, then looked at Jae, "No."

The four year old just raised an eyebrow at us, "Then why are you guys about to kiss earlier?" "Minji just had a smudge of chocoball on her lips."Yoongi said, and I nodded. "Meh. If you were telling her that she's making you confused while her arms were wrapped around your neck while your noses touched and all that lovey dovey things is just a form of removing a smudge of chocolate, then whatever."Jae shrugged, and then went back to lay on his bed, "Just don't do adult things here, adults."

Yoongi and I just looked at each other again, and then let out a laugh.

"Just be strong, Jae. You can do it."I smiled at Jae while holding his small hand as he's going to get his therapy for the month. Jae just nodded, his wig got disarranged a bit. So I arranged it for him, "There you go." I said, patting his head.

"Dad wouldn't be here, right?"Jae asked, and I nodded, "He's preparing for their concert tonight." Jae pouted, "Okay..."

"Be well, Jae!"I cheered and Jae just let out a small smile as the nurse wheeled him in the room where he'll be having his chemotherapy for this month.

"Jae!" Yoongi's face was shown on the screen of my phone, "Did you get your therapy today?" Jae nodded. Yoongi just smiled, "Then that's great! Are you feeling better now?" "No, I feel worse."Jae said blankly as he sighed.

"Just hold on, and everything will be better, alright?" Yoongi said, and Jae nodded. "Hi, Jae!"Hoseok waved at the screen, and Jae waved a bit. "We'll start our concert in a few minutes so wish us luck!" Jae just smiled and nodded. Namjoon got Yoongi's phone and waved, "Kid, tell your dad to stop jumping around and go worried at you for every millisecond. He's being such a dad that I didn't got used with it." he laughs.

"Ah, Just go and have your own child, then." Yoongi scoffed at Namjoon and took his phone back, "Anyway, get well fast, Jae. I love you!" "Love you too, dad." Jae smiled. Yoongi just waved at his son and then they ended the videocall.

"So, are you feeling better now?"I asked, taking my phone back. Jae nodded. I ruffled his wig, "That's nice to hear."

Someone knocked on the door,
"Come in."I said, and then I saw my brother Jimin, along with my mother and father, entered the room. Jimin was holding a box of cake, chocoballs, basket of fruits, and three orange balloons, dad was holding a boquet of flowers with a get well soon note, and mom was carrying a Chopper plush toy.

"Jimin-hyung!"Jae exclaimed, and Jimin smiled, "Jae!" He placed the food on the table and gave the balloons to Jae. "Thank you."Jae said, "You're welcome." Jimin said. "Here's some flowers to decorate this room." Dad said, placing the flowers on a table beside Jae's bed. "Your Jimin-hyung bought this for you." Mom said, handing the huge Chopper plush toy to Jae, and Jae received it with delight, "It's Chopper!"

"You watch One Piece?"Jimin asked, and Jae nodded,"Dad watches that show." "Nice."Jimin grinned.

"So who's in charge of the shop now?"I asked. "We closed it for today."Mom said, and she sighed, "There are still a lot of teenage girls hanging around the shop, looking for you and Yoongi, and I got stressed for a bit since there is always a lot of costumers everyday so this is a nice thing to take a day off and visit my future grandson in the hospital." Mom smiled at Jae.

I rolled my eyes, "...mom." My mother looked at me, "What? It'll happen soon."

___________________________

Anyway, the gogo dance practice gave me life AJJDKAKDKDKDMCNXKFSKZKANDMSICMFKSNNDKKV