New Home

After about a good 45 minute drive, the cab driver finally got Mom and I to our new apartment. And the exterior of the apartment building doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

"Welcome to Queens, New York ladies" The driver says as he looks back at me and Mom and smiles at us after he parks the car in front of the building.

"Thank you sir" Mom says as she returns the smile to the driver and pays him the cab fare and with a tip possibly, since she's nice like that.

"No problem Miss" The driver says as he gladly takes the money from Mom. "Will you two need any help with your bags though?"

"I think we can manage it on our own. My daughter's a pretty strong girl" Mom says as she quickly looks over at me with a smile before looking back at the driver. "But thank you for the offer."

"Whatever you say, Miss" The driver says as he shrugs his shoulders a little but gives Mom another smile before the both of us and Daisy hop out of the cab and walk to the back to get our stuff.

Once all of our stuff is out of the cab and we double checked that we have everything, Mom, Daisy and I make our way into our apartment building and into the elevator to head up to the floor where our new apartment is. Which happens to be the top floor.

"So what number is our apartment again?" I ask as Mom and I step out of the elevator along with Daisy, once it arrives at our floor.

"Uh...it is, apartment number 16" Mom says as she quickly pulls a pair of keys and a piece of paper out of her purse. "Which should be right down the hall and on the right."

I nod my head at that as I continue to walk down the hall with Daisy following alongside me, while looking for our new apartment.

Soon I found it and told Mom and once I did, she quickly rushed over to me and unlocked the door before the both of us and Daisy walk into the apartment. Or more like our apartment.

Okay yeah, that was cringe. I'll stop.

"So, what do you think?" Mom asks as she stands in what looks like the middle of the apartment with a big smile as she holds her arms up a little. While Daisy walks over to the couch and hops up onto it before lying down and acting like she already owns it.

I smile at that as I look around the new apartment, which actually looks pretty nice, before I look back at Mom and return the smile to her.

"I like it" I say.

"I thought you would. I had an old friend with a good sense of style decorate our new home to both our likings" Mom says with a proud smile as she walks over to me.

"Would that friend be Natasha?" I ask with a smile as I think about Moms friend Natasha Romanoff, who has a very great sense of style and is actually my friend as well. And yes, she does happen to be The Black Widow from The Avengers.

I really don't know how Mom became friends with her in the first place. She's never told. But all I know is that she's super cool and I consider her my cool fun Aunt, who has teached me how to defend myself and have a good sense of style as well.

Mom let out a little chuckle as she smiles at me.

"You would be correct" Mom says.

I smile at that. "Is she still in New York? Or did she have to go and handle important spy stuff?"

"Yes and yes." I laugh at that a little. "But she will be back sometime next week to see you" Mom says making my smile grow a bit more.

"So I should be ready for a full day of shopping with her shouldn't I?" I ask.

Mom laughs at that as she nods her head. "Yes, yes you should."

"Yay" I say with excitement and I am excited because I like hanging out with Nat.

Mom smiles at me for that before patting my shoulder.

"Okay bugger, I think it's time you go and check out your new room and start unpacking" Mom says making me feel excitement

rise up inside of me.

"You had me at new room" I say.

Mom chuckles at that a bit before letting me go to check out my new bedroom. Which I soon found just a few feet past the living room and down the hall a little. And once I did I felt my eyes widen in a bit of shock but mostly amazement at how nice and cool it looks.

Even though it's a little smaller than my old room back in Colorado, it's still really nice and comfy

"You've certainly outdid yourself this time, Aunt Nat" I say with a big smile as I look around my new room.

After I get done looking around and take every piece of my new room in, I pick up my suitcase and drop it on my bed before opening it and starting to unpack my stuff and put it away to make my new room officially mine.