Comfortable

"Brooklyn" I hear someone say, taking me out of my comfy and peaceful sleep after my shoulder was both poked and shaken a little.

I groan a little as I tighten my arms around what I'm laying on, which is both hard and soft at the same time but is also very warm. I bury my face into what I'm laying on and let out a deep breath to try and relax and go back to sleep.

But I hear the familiar sound of Mom's laugh as soon as I do. I quickly look up and smile a little after I see Mom standing right infront me, dressed and ready for work.

"Morning B" Mom says as she gives me a big smile.

"Morning" I say a little sheepish after I realize that I never went back home last night and I'm still in Peter's apartment.

"Sleep well?" Mom asks with a soft chuckle in her voice.

"Yeah...but I'm really sorry I didn't come home last night, Mom" I say, feeling really bad because I probably made her worry and I hate it when I make her worry.

"It's fine. May gave me a call and told me you fell asleep here so I wouldn't worry about you. But I didn't want you to wake up just to walk back to the apartment to go to sleep so I made sure it was okay with May and let you sleep over here to avoid that" Mom says.

I smile at Mom and nod my head a little. "Thanks Mom"

"No problem" Mom says with a smile as she steps forward a little and brushes some of my hair out of my face. "I have to go to work today though and so does May, but she already left. But I just wanted to come over to see your pretty face and say bye."

"Bye mom" I say with a small chuckle.

"Bye sweetheart" Mom says with another smile as she leans over and gives my forehead a little kiss. "Tell Peter I said hi when he wakes up."

"I will" I say as I give Mom a little wave as she walks out of Peter's apartment before I blush heavily after I looked down and saw that I'm laying down on Peter.

He's still fast asleep, with a relaxed face. The both of us are very close to each other, to the point my chest is against his and my face is only inches away from his face and we're wrapped in the same blanket. But despite the fact that I'm kind of frozen in my place because I don't know what to do, I can't help but smile as I look at Peter and take in all his features.

His face looks so soft and smooth. His jawline is perfect, almost too perfect actually. There's dimple lines on his cheeks, probably thanks to him having a very dimpled smile. Some strands of his brown and sort of curly hair lay against his forehead as he continues to sleep.

In all he's absolutely perfect to look at.

How can a human being be this real and this cute at the same time?

"Like what you see?" Peter suddenly asks, making my eyes widen and cheeks instantly burn.

Peter's eyes open and a smile spreads across his lips, along with some blush on his cheeks as he looks at me.

"How long have you been awake for?" I ask as my face feels like it's on fire.

"I woke up as your mom and you were talking, but I didn't want to interrupt so I just kept my eyes closed and stayed still" Peter says as I feel two of his fingers trace a small circle in the fabric of my jacket.

I tense up a little but I smile too as I enjoy the feeling of it.

"Sorry that we woke you up" I say.

"It's fine" Peter says with a soft smile.

I smile at Peter before resting my head on his chest because it's really comfy and also because why not.

I feel Peter smile at me and his arms wrap around me as he hugs me. Even though Peter is just my best friend and we're not dating or anything, this feels really nice.

A comfortable silence falls between Peter and I as we stay like this. After a few minutes though, the both of us chuckle after Peter's stomach growled.

"Want me to make us some breakfast?" Peter asks.

"Should that even be a question?" I ask as I get up off of Peter and sit back on my legs.

Peter laughs a little as the both of us get up off the couch and walk into the kitchen.