Date With The Spider Boy

"So where are we going for our date Mr. Parker?" I ask as Peter and I walk down the street. Peter looks over and smiles at me.

"Follow me and you shall see" Peter says as he takes hold of my hand in his before quickly tugging me into an alleyway.

I giggle as I follow Peter into the alleyway. We stop in about the middle of the alleyway and when we do, Peter wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him.

I blush as I feel Peter's breath brush against my forehead. He smiles at me as he pulls me even closer to him and holds onto me nice and tight.

"Hold on wolf girl" Peter says with his usual dorky smile as he raises his arm up in the air.

It doesn't even have to take me a second to realize what he's about to do. I quickly wrap my arms around Peter's neck and bury my face into the crock of it. Peter chuckles a little before I hear the familiar thwip sound his web shooters make and feel us lift up off the ground.

Even though I know Peter would never drop me, my heart still beats fast in fear of being dropped and hitting the ground hard. So I tightly hang onto Peter and don't remove my face from his neck for even a second.

Thankfully my feet soon feel solid ground again and when they do, I look up and smile at Peter as I stay close to him and he continues to hold on to me.

Peter smiles back at me as he unwraps his arms from around me and rests his hands on my shoulders before gently turning me around to face the other way. When he does, I feel my eyes widen and heart flutter after I see a lot of pillows and blankets laid down on the ground as they make a big circle. In the middle of the circle there's a table, that's very close to the ground, with a nice set up of food on it, while there's a bunch of lights stringed up and hanging above the whole thing.

"Did you do all this?" I ask in utter disbelief as I look around at everything.

"Well sort of. I had some help from May, Ned and Mr. Delmar. May helped me plan everything, Ned helped me gather all the pillows and blankets and Mr. Delmar supplied me with the food. His wife is a very good cook...But I did set all this up" Peter says as he walks over to the set up and points to everything before look at me and giving me a sheepish smile. "I wanted to do something out of the box instead of taking you out to a normal place because I thought a pretty and special girl like you deserves better than that."

I feel my cheeks turn red at that and a flattered smile tug at my lips as I look at Peter in disbelief. How can he be this sweet and nice and a real person all at the same time?

"If it's too much though, we can always go somewhere..." Peter starts to say, but I quickly cut him off by teleporting over to him and giving his cheek a soft kiss.

Peter's eyes go big and his face turns a bright red at that, but he smiles at me with a big goofy smile as I stand in front of me.

"We aren't going anywhere else because this is perfect and I love it" I say with a genuine smile.

"Glad to know" Peter says as he smiles at me again and takes hold of my hand in his. He gives my hand a gentle squeeze before we sit down on the pillows and blankets, which are really comfy.

"So what did Mr. Delmar's wife make for us?" I ask as I sit pretzeled leg and look at all the containers of food on the table.

"Well they're very Italian, so I think it's safe to say that we got a nice home made full course Italian meal for our first date" Peter says as he removes the lids from the two dishes in front of the both of us.

As soon as he does, we're greeted by the amazing smell of ravioli and well cooked sauce.

"Hmm, that smells delicious" I say with a content smile.

Peter smiles at me as he hands me a fork and knife and the both of us begin to eat.

"So is this the first date you've ever been on?" Peter asks.

"Yes, it is" I say with a little nod.

"Are you serious?" Peter asks as he looks at me in utter shock.

"Very" I say with a smile, but feel a little embarrassed.

"No you're lying, I don't believe that for even a second" Peter says shaking his head.

"I'm telling the absolute truth when I say that I've never been on a date until tonight" I say as I rest my elbow on the table and lean my chin against my hand.

"How? How has no guy asked you out before?" Peter asks in utter disbelief.

"I don't know...guys where I use to live just never had any interest in me" I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well I think they're a bunch of blind idiots who missed out on asking out a very beautiful and funny girl" Peter says and it makes me blush heavily as I bite the inside of my lower lip.

"Shut up" I say as I hide behind my hand a little so Peter doesn't see how much I'm blushing right now.

"I mean it though Brooklyn, I really do. You are the most beautiful girl I ever seen. The first time I ever saw you my heart felt like it was going to pop right out of my chest thanks to how fast it was beating because of your beauty" Peter says making me look at him and smile at him.

Peter smiles back at me as he reaches over the table, takes hold of my free hand and brings it up to his lips and presses a soft kiss against it. I smile at that as I give Peter's hand a little squeeze and look at him and just admire him.

Seriously...how is he this real and perfect at the same time??