Fire!!

A/n - This Chapter is a little long but I hope it's good and you all like it!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

After Ned and I spent a good three hours playing video games and doing some of our homework too since we're good students like that, I decided to head home since it was getting late. So I said bye to Ned and his mom, who is extremely sweet by the way, and headed on home.

A big chilling breeze brushes past me as I walk, but I'm not really affected by it thanks to my powers. In situations like this, I am glad to have my powers because they help me to not hate the cold or walk home in a shivering mess. I can just take my time getting home.

I go to cross the street but as soon as my foot hits the dark pavement, an arm wraps around my waist and pulls me up off the ground and into the air. I don't freak out though, because I know that it's Peter. So I just wrap my arms around his neck and hold on tight to him as he swings us through the air.

We soon land on top of an apartment building and when we do, Peter rest his hands on my hips and gently makes me turn to face him.

"Hey" Peter says once he rips his mask off.

"Hey" I say, smiling at him and leaning up to peck his lips.

"I was swinging around and I saw you and thought I would give you a lift" Peter says with an adorable grin.

"Why thank you" I say with a little chuckle as I play with the hair on the back of his neck.

Peter smiles at me as his thumbs trace up and down my waist before he stops as his smile is replaced by a very faint one.

"Can I ask you something?" Peter asks.

"Sure. What is it?" I ask. 

"Earlier at School, did I say anything to make you mad? Because if I did I'm sorry" Peter says, looking and sounding worried.

"No, you didn't say anything wrong and you don't have to apologize for anything...I just got worried but I didn't want you to see it" I say as I give Peter an assuring look but I still feel bad that I made him think he did something wrong and he probably had that thought in his head all day.

"What were you worried about?" Peter asks with a raised brow as he looks at me in concern.

"You going out on patrol tonight" I say.

"Why?..." Peter asks as both of his eyebrows frown in confusion before it quickly goes away as I see realization come across his face. "You were afraid that I might get hurt again don't you?"

I just stay silent and nod my head, but as I don't look at Peter. Instead I just look down at the floor because I know he's mad at me in some way for thinking like that because now he probably thinks that I don't believe he's strong enough and can take care of himself. I really don't want him to be mad or believe that I'm thinking like that.

Peter's hand comes underneath my chin and he gently lifts my head up so I look at him. He gives me a gentle smile as he closes some space between us and brings a hand up to my face and rest it on my cheek.

"Listen, I can't promise you that I won't get hurt again because I never know what could happen while being this side of me. But I can promise you that no matter what happens I will find a way out of it and make it back home as safely as I can...okay?" Peter asks as his thumb runs across my cheek.

Hearing those words come from Peter put some things to ease, but I'm pretty sure whatever happens I'll always feel some sort of worry towards Peter going out as Spiderman. But I think I'll be more okay about it though.