Chapter 8: Finding Her

Karson

After watching the video on Instagram posted by the girl 'Mia_Hemmy' I needed to know who she was! She was amazing but looked like she didn't know she was being filmed. Anyways, I sent her a message, then about an hour later, I decided to send the video to some of my producers, but when I looked, the video was gone! I was beyond flabbergasted! Why would she take it down?! It had thousands of likes. But then it occurred to me, if the girl looked like she didn't know that she was being filmed, maybe she didn't...

__________

I sat worried in my pool for hours; I just needed to know who she was! But then and there I realized, it wouldn't be that hard. It said 'Mia_Hemmy's' location in her bio, I could just look and have someone try to find out which school she goes to, and then I could figure out who she was! It sounded crazy but it was my only option. I hadn't felt this motivated in years. There was just something about that girl that made me want to learn more.

I was about to do just that when I got a text message from my agent that we were invited to a party downtown hosted by Hollister Inc. That place was pretty cool, I'd been to it once before. Anyways I texted back and asked for the date, three days. I could work with that.

__________

I found out Mia Hemsworth was a student at South Ridge Prep in Phoenix, Arizona. Parents, Molly and Carter Hemsworth, her dad is some sort of hotshot chef with three 4 star restaurants. And to my luck, she was chosen to come to the ball tonight! Now don't ask how I know that...I have my sources.

I set my phone down getting ready for the ball. I had many appointments to attend so I called my driver and told him exactly where to go. Mystery Girl, I will find you.

________

I walked into the giant ballroom hit with many scents of cologne and perfume, I recognized different brands immediately, Tom Ford Oud Wood, My Burberry Black Parfum, Gucci Gloom Eau de Parfum. All the dresses were gorgeous but a shimmering blue one caught my eye, and so did the little lady wearing it. I walked over to her. She was no doubt gorgeous but I could tell she looked uncomfortable and sad, my first instinct was to cheer her up, so cheer her up I did.

"Hey, why so sad?" I asked walking up to her.

"Huh?" She said looking up. I gazed into her emerald green eyes mesmerized.

She had dark black hair and bright green eyes. Even with her eyes and pale blue dress, she still pulled it off.

"May I sit here?"

"Sure...It's not like I have anyone else to sit with," she said glancing across the room.

"So you must be pretty important to be here, at this party I mean," I said regretting it as soon as the words came out of my mouth.

"No. I'm not actually. I came here as a 'field trip', my school paired with the host, and now I'm here, in an elaborate dress, unlike myself."

"Well, at the least, you look amazing."

"Thanks, I-"

Suddenly a girl with fiery red hair and a blazing personality came running up to her screaming that the guy that was supposed to sing got stage fright and they needed her to sing. I saw right through it. I also saw that Fire Girl and Beauty looked kind of familiar, Beauty accepted and ran off leaving her phone behind.

"What stunt are you trying to pull here? Musicians don't just back out like that. You must've done something to get a random girl this chance." I said to Fire Girl with a scowl.

"Oh, you'll see money-bags, once she starts singing you will-"

She stopped mid-sentence when the girl apparently named Everly started signing Bruno Mars, I can't say I'm not jealous of his success, but he's a pretty cool dude. Anyways, she started singing, and...She sounded like an angel! It immediately clicked as to why her and Fire Girl looked familiar, all it took was Beauty- Everly's voice to make me realize it, Fire Girl was Mia Hemsworth, and Beauty is Mystery Girl! I rushed through the crowd hoping to get there before the song ended. I got there just in time, she looked at me, I removed my black mask and gave her a small smile, I heard a gasp as she realized who I was. I went to walk forwards and congratulate her but a swarm of people got there before I could, she started to freak out, glancing around the room. Probably for Fire Girl, her eyes met mine and filled with astonishment as she found Mia. I yelled to give them a chance to escape, but then I looked down at my hand.

"Crap," I said as Beauty's phone was placed in it.