Chapter 9: Guess Who's Coming?!

Everly

We got back from New York all in one piece- well, I can't say the same for me, I was still mourning the loss of my phone. My test on the knowledge we learned went bad. Same for Hannah, I couldn't draw more than a stick figure even if I took 10 years of art classes, which Mia did. And Hannah ranted on and on that the guide knew nothing about Architecture, so in conclusion, she got a big fat F on the test for screaming at our teacher. Mia drove me back to her house after school so I could grab my bags, then she hesitantly drove me back to my hell.

"Are you sure you wanna go back? You could stay at my house longer you know, my mom loves your cooking and singing in the morning."

"Hm," I said continuing to stare out the window at the rare falling of rain.

"Everly are you okay? You've been acting weird ever since we got back from the ball, and don't blame it all on the phone!"

"No- I guess it's because...Well, you know that man I was talking to? That was Karson Kape."

"WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?" Mia screamed in awe.

"Because I knew you would react like this," I replied looking calm and scared at the same time.

__________

I woke up in the morning feeling stiff; the hotel beds were definitely more comfortable. I got up, walking to my closet with pain. As I remembered the past few days, I pulled out a light blue sweater and black leggings, putting them on lazily. I grabbed my backpack and strode downstairs to make breakfast.

___________

"So...Anything new?" Hannah asked looking at me from the front seat of the car.

Mia got sick so she called Hannah and told her my address, and now I was sitting in the back of her car, where the passenger seat was filled to the brim with different fancy name brand bags, Gucci, Chloé, Prada, etc. Hannah's parents are very rich so she got all the coolest, most expensive clothes, but it was surprising, she wasn't one of the popular girls. Hannah chose to stay in the background, but she still gets noticed, she has guys lined up around the block wanting to be with her, but yet she still chose a dorky guy named Arnold McFanny.

_______

Hannah and her boyfriend sat next to each other at our nerd table at lunch, on the loud speaker earlier that morning, our principle announced we would be having a huge assembly later that afternoon, so I pondered what it would be about. Maybe another anti-bully assembly? Ohh maybe Mr. Fiji finally got cracked for doing drugs! I really hoped it was something juicy like that. Little did I know, I would get a lot bigger surprise than that.

_________

We all filed into our tiny gym by 2:00, as the last class came in, Mr. Faith started the assembly. At first, it was about anti-bullying and then drugs. SCORE! Anyways, he went on for about 20 minutes, but then he said something I'd never believe unless I saw it.

"Now 5 students will be coming to our school. 20 famous pop stars, actors, actresses, chefs etc., will be splitting into 4 groups going to 4 different schools across the country, 5 of them gracefully chose to come here, and those 5 are;

Saphira Rochford

Jake Rossphel

Aviana Megas

Ember Allison

Karson Kape.

Now I ask that you show the utmost gratitude to these 5, if not, measures will be taken to discipline you. Now, let's welcome out, Saphira, Jake, Aviana, Ember, and Karson!"

I looked at the five in awe. Saphira was a famous model, Jake; I could never forget his face. He was the one that was catcalling me at the hotel. Ember was a cook, Aviana an actress, and Karson...Well DUH. I knew who he was. I was.... just surprised. In the blink of an eye, Karson looked at me, our eyes met, and he gave me a knowing smirk.

Oh no, what does that mean?