Chapter 31: My Story

Everly

"Now if you know Jae Annalore and go to school with me then you've probably wondered about my name, Everly Annalore. Everyone always asks me whether or not I'm related to the Annalore family. And yes, I am. There used to be a rumor that Jae and Audrina Annalore had a child, but most people didn't believe it. But it's true; I'm the daughter of Jae Annalore, old-time famous singer. Obviously most of you probably think I'm nuts and want proof so here it is." And a picture of my father, mother, and I popped up on a screen behind me. You could tell I was their child, I had my mom's small body and bright green eyes and my fathers glistening black hair. I then showed a picture of my birth certificate with all the very personal information blurred out. But my father and mother's signature was unmistakable. A few people in the audience gasped and some took pictures. "I figured I my 'swell tell my story after Karson announced we were dating, since people would figure out who I was eventually. So there you go, that's my story." And I walked off the stage. The announcer came back on and said.

"Wow. Well I didn't expect that. Let's hear it for Karson Kape and Everly Annalore!" And screams erupted everywhere. Karson ran towards me and wrapped me in a bone-crushing hug.

"You did it!"

"I know!" And this time it was me that leaned in. "I didn't know you were staying another year!"

"Surprise! I sorted it out with Alex and the principal. But I have to work on the weekends and go back to New York every few months. It's weird cause my dad encouraged me to finish out school. Will you go to New York with me?"

"Well I'm glad you're gonna graduate with me, but I don't have enough money to go back and forth to New York..."

"It's okay. I can pay for it."

"But there would be no way for me to pay you back. That's really expensive."

"Well...I know how you could pay me back..."

"Oh hell no! I'm not a toy!"

"No! No! That's not what I meant!"

"Than what did you mean?" I grumbled.

"Well, I was wondering... Do you want a job singing with me? I mean I know you said you wanted to sing independently-"

"Of course I'll do it! Like I said before, I need you!"

"I'll definitely pay you, but don't go thinking just because we're dating I'll underpay you. I'll pay you enough that you can make a living off of it, you can buy clothes and quit your job at target."

"Wait how did you know I worked there?"

"I like to know where you are when I'm not there."

"So you were stalking me?" I said with a smirk.

"In a way yeah... Please don't be mad at me!" His face was so cute I just couldn't help but laugh. "Do you forgive me?"

"Yeah," I said continuously laughing.

"Phew. Now, will you come with me?"

"To do what?"

"Give out autographs of course," And my face turned pale. "Oh come on it'll be fun!"

"If you say so," I mumbled and we walked down the stairs and outside to hundreds of people. For the next half hour, I wrote down my name dozens of times and when we were done my hand was aching.

"Whad'ya wanna do now?" Karson asked.

"I don't know. But we should probably try to find Mia and Alex."

"Good plan."