Epilogue Pt. 3 The Children

5 Years Later

Karson

I looked around at my two beautiful children. Kade and Elena Kape. Kade age 4, and Elena age 3. I watched in slow motion as Elena fell into a pile of rose bushes. She started wailing and I saw my beautiful wife wobble over to her. Her pregnant stomach of 8 1/2 months protruding. I quickly got up from my seat and rushed to my daughter's aid. Picking up Elena, I turned to my wife.

"Are you okay?" I asked face full of concern. She glanced at the rose bush and then at me.

"Rosalina."

"What?"

"Rosalina. That's her name."

"Who, the baby's?"

"Yes."

"We don't even know if it's a she yet. Didn't you wanna keep the gender a secret?"

"Yeah, it's just a hunch."

"Well, I think it's a boy."

"Then...Ashton."

"Ashton? Hmm, I like it."

"Well, that's a relief. Hey, I wanted to ask-" She stopped standing up and a look of fear danced across her face.

"What? What's wrong?!"

"M-My water broke," She said gasping. "Ow!"

"Kade! Elena! Get to the car quick!"

"What's wrong daddy?" Elena asked
with curious eyes.

"Yeah what's wrong dad?" said Kade.

"No time to explain. Get to the car." I said not processing anything. I flew into the house a threw a handful of mine and Everly's clothes into a bag. I then rushed back down the stairs and carried my panting wife to the car. Elena and Kade sat anxiously in their seats.

"Mommy are you okay?" Elena asked quietly.

"I'm...Fine sweety." She said in between gasps. We sat in silence for the next 10 minutes and as soon as we reached the hospital I carried Everly in while yelling.

"We need a doctor! My wife's gone into labor!" Immediately a group of nurses surrounded around us.

"Hey, are you-"

"Yes I'm Karson Kape and this is Everly Kape."

"Right away sir." I watched as they put my wife on a stretcher and rushed her to the back. I sprinted behind and pulled out my phone. Scrolling to the 'A's" I then called Alex. After the fifth ring he finally picked up.

Can you come to get Kade and Elena? I rushed out.

Umm, why?

Everly's in labor and I need someone to watch the kids.

We're on our way. Kids! We're going to see your cousins. Alex yelled and I heard voices yell in joy. I hung up the phone and then rushed to my wife's side.

---------------

"Ashton." I heard a faint voice whisper.

"What?" I asked turning to Everly.

"It's a he, Ashton."

"I told you." I chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. Where's Kade and Elena?"

"They're with Mia and Alex."

"Good." She sighed in relief.

"Can I hold him?" I asked.

"Mmm no." She said turning over so the baby was away from me. Even though we were getting older, she was still the same 'ol stubborn Everly. And I was okay with that.