A dream?

I wake up from that horrible nightmare and snuggle a little closer to Peter waking him up.

"Hey, you okay?" he says in a sleepy voice

"Yeah just a bad dream." I hide my face in embarrassment. He laughs and held me a little tighter.

I wake up in the morning to the smell of pancakes. I put on a white and blue poke a dot cropped blouse and a electric blue high waisted skirt. I put my hair in a high pony tail and walk downstairs to see my parents laughing with Peter.

"I see you guys have met!" I smile.

"Good morning Vanessa." Peter says kissing me on the forehead.

"Now you take care of my daughter in Dauntless okay?" my dad says

"Of course." Peter says politely "Well I go have to go and get ready but it was nice to meet you Mr and Mrs. Heights."

"You as well." My mother smiles. As Peter leaves I laugh and give my parents a big hug.

"He's perfect for you honey. Keep him close. okay? Make sure he gets out of it."

"Okay mom i'll try my best." my mom hugs me and tells me how easy the ceremony is.

PAGE BREAK

After Marcus Eaton is finished speaking he starts to call names. I look over to Peter who's been staring at me the whole time. After a while I hear his name. "Peter Hayes." He walks up to the table of bowls. He picks up the knife slicing his hand. He looks at the bowl of burning coals and lets his blood drip and simmer. "Dauntless!" The dauntless go crazy.

"Vanessa Heights." I walk to the bowls and pick up the knife. I slide the blade across my palm. To deep that the blood started to drip all ready. I quickly hover it over the burning coals. "Dauntless!" in early heard Marcus over the Dauntless cheering. "Ally Highburg." I walk over to the dauntless and hug Peter and sit down. Ally takes the knife and cuts her hand. Shock fills my eyes when I her a simmer in the burning coals. She chose Dauntless.