Truth

I was taken to Erudite headquarters because that's where the death serm is. I get put into a cell being told my execution will be in a couple hours.

----------------------------------------------

PETER'S POV

----------------------------------------------

I enter the room where all 4 of the executions will made. Jeanine's and Vanessa's was moved today. I was told I can be the one to give the death serm so I said I will do it.! First was Jeanine. She escorted by 4 Dauntless guards. Other Erudite members that work in headquarters we're put under the truth serm so they know if they need erase an memories. Erudite doctors strap Jeanine down to the table and hook her up to a heart monitor. I look at the two purple serms. I take the one on the left. I remember what I said earlier. 'The one on right keeps the right one alive.' I take the death serm and put it in the empty syringe. I put the needle on her neck and put it in her skin and press the plunger. She closed her eyes and the heart monitor speeds up till she's dead.

----------------------------------------------

VANESSA'S POV

----------------------------------------------

A guard opens the cell.

"We've decide to put you under the truth serm." I nod and follow him out of the cell. I sit in a chair as people gather out side of the room. They will hear everything I say. I get handed the serm in liquid form. before I drink it I see Peter gather by the window. I drink the serm and feel no difference. I'm divergent I can resist the serm.

"Were you asked to help with Jeanine's plan?" the candor lady asked.

"Yes."

"We're you threatened or did you agree right away?"

"She threatened to kill me and my family." I tell the truth knowing if I lied it would be bad.

"Were you going to hurt someone?"

"Never."

"Are you divergent?" she asks. I pause. What if I say yes. I should say no. I won't be executed. Maybe if i say yes they'll think i can resist the serm.

"Yes." gasps go throw the room outside.

"Are you controlling what you say?"

i take a deep breath.

"Yes, but I'm telling the truth. If I wasn't I wouldn't admit to being divergent let alone know what it is."

"Did you know about it before you found out you were?" she asks.

"Yes, Jeanine told me what they were when she told me about the plan."

The lady stands up and talks to Candor leader, Jack Kang. She comes back saying my fate will be decided later and that I will be taken back to my cell. I nod and walk out to find out Peter is my escort. He grabs my hand and walks me down to my cell. When we're out of eyes' reach he grabs my waist and spins me toward him and kisses me. I kiss back. We pull back from the kiss and he smiles.

"I'll keep you safe." He says. We walk down to my cell and he kiss me on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile. He opens the cell and I walk in. He closes the cell and walks away as I try to stay awake because if I still have to be put under the death serm I want to be awake as long I can. About 10 minutes later the lady who asked me questions while I was under the truth serm comes to my cell.

"We've decided we will not kill you." I sigh in relief. "But-"

"But what." I say calmly.

"But you will be put on the memory serm." I have to forget everything.

"Um maddie." I man comes to the lady.

"Yes." she replies.

"Um since she's divergent she will be able to resist serm. We will have to result to the death serm. "