Cold Table

It's been a while since I found out I will still die. What if I can't resist this. What if I really do die. A guard comes in to take me to my execution. He holds me by the forearm. He shoves me in the room and a couple Erudite people strap me to a cold table and set me up to a heart monitor. This is the end. I see a purple liquid on a table to the right of me. I was supposed to inject people with a syringe with that liquid in it if they were awake and Divergent.

"Your executer will be here shortly." One of the Erudite members say. I lay on the cold table thinking about what my life could of been. I could of passed Dauntless initiation. My executer comes in the door behind me. He's not wearing lab coat or Erudite colors. Weird. He turns around and I can't believe who I see.

"Peter?" I say. He ignores me and plus out a syringe. No no no no no. Nobody is getting near me with that thing. He pours the purple liquid into the syringe container. He looks at me and sees the hurt in my eyes.

"This is keeping me safe?" I say.

"Vanessa I-"

"Is it?!" I yelled. He takes a deep breath. He walks towards me with the syringe in hand. I try to struggle out. I'm not dying to a syringe. Not today. Maybe when I'm not afraid of them.

"Calm down this is for the best." he says.

"I'm not struggling because I don't wanna I die I'm struggling because I'm not letting you come near me with that!" I say trying to get off of the table.

"You're afraid of needles aren't you." he says with a smile.

"I don't get why you're talking to me and not killing me." I say sternly. He shakes his head and comes towards me. He kisses me then insults the needle in my neck. I want to scream but I stay calm because soon i'll be in a better place. I feel the serm flow through my neck as I close my eyes.

I can still hear the heart monitor. Am I dead? I can't move. I can't open my eyes. I'm very much alive I hear something unplug and then the heart monitor stops to beat. I feel myself being unstrapped and put onto a moving cart. Someone strolls me down a hallway.I hear a gasp as we come to a stop.

"It's gonna be okay Tris." I hear Al say to Tris.

"Hey a little help here?" Peter.

"With what?" says Christina.

"She's not dead. I gave her the paralyzing serm. Same color different thing." He did keep me safe. I feel my self being picked up and carried by two people. "It'll wear off soon." Peter whispers in my ear. I'm alive. I'm alive.