"How May I Help You, Master?" / Link x Reader

///MAID CAFÉ AU///

Your P.O.V.
"Good morning, Master!" I greeted Zelda with a bow as she stepped into the small café. She's a regular, but only because I work here. Actually, she's the only Smasher who knows I work here. "Hello, (Y/N)," chuckled the princess as I showed her to her seat.

The tiny business was on a street no one really knew about, somewhere in the depths of Smash city. It was a cozy little establishment, with the morning light flooding through the blinds over the windows, brightening up the place a bit. The floor was made of delicate beige tile, with a rug near the entrance. Booths lined the walls with a few wooden tables in the middle, then a counter which closed off the kitchen section. A chalkboard had the specials of the day written on it in a variety of colors - I'm the one who changes it daily.

"What may I get you to drink, Master?" I playfully beamed at Zelda. No, I dont usually use this tone when I talk to my best friend outside of work, but protocol is protocol. "The usual," she answered, giggling at my cheesy smile. I brought her a French Vanilla cappuccino, light on cream and sugar. "Careful, Master, it's a little hot." I gently set the mug on the table, waiting for her response as she took a sip. "Oh, (Y/N), you make the best drinks!" She chirped, drinking a little bit more. "Thank you!" I exclaimed with an exaggerated bow.

The café wasn't very lively this Thursday morning, Zelda was the only one here at the moment. "How have you been, Master?" I asked the brunette. "I've been well, (Y/N). People are asking about you sound the mansion again, though," she warned me. "Link especially."

The statement set my face on fire, it very obviously stuck out against the black and white of my uniform. "Really?" I asked, trying to keep my sweet voice up, but it faltered slightly in embarrassment. She leaned closer to me. "I asked him to come today," she said. "W-What?!" I stammered, but quickly regained my polite posture. "Master, when will he be here?"

"In about... Five minutes. I came early to let you know."

"I-I'll be right back, Master Zelda..."

I quickly made my way behind the counter. The staff always had a mirror hidden back here, maids must always look appropriate. I checked myself in a hurry, then stuffed my notepad and pen in my apron pocket.

During the hustle and bustle, I knocked the cup of pens off the countertop by accident. As I ducked under the counter to pick them up, the chime of bells rang throughout the room as I heard someone step into the café.

Link!

"I'll be right with you, Master!" I managed to blutter out. Every move someone made seemed to become much louder as I heard the soft patter of leather boots against the rug. Standing back up, I placed the cup back where it was originally, then exited from behind the counter. Bowing and blushing, I greeted the green-clad hero; "Good morning, Master Link! I believe a Mistress has been waiting for you."

As I stood up straight again, his blue eyes met my (e/c) ones. He looked a little surprised as I noticed a slight bit of pink dusting his cheeks. He just nodded. "Right this way!" I said, snatching up a menu and leading him to the booth I had sat Zelda at earlier. Gently setting the menu in front of him, I took out my paper and pen.

"How may I help you, Master?"

Link flipped the menu over and quickly scanned over the drinks. It looked like he couldn't decide. "Uh, what do you recommend?" He asked, looking up at me. I thought for a moment, then replied; "The Italian brew with a hint of cinnamon and caramel, Master." I replied with the same cheesy grin I gave Zelda before. The hero smiled back at me, "I'll have that, then."

"As you wish."

I scurried off and started preparing the coffee. I could hear bits and pieces of the Hylians' conversation:

"...(Y/N) works here?"

"Yup..."

They mumbled a little more that I couldn't make out.

"Her coffee is the best in town, Link!"

"Really?"

"She's such a fast worker, too."

I grinned a little bit at Zelda's compliments. I took Link's coffee and returned to their table. "Be careful, Master Link, it's quite hot. Please don't burn yourself," I cautioned, carefully setting the drink down. I waited for Link's response on how I made the brew. "Oh my Hylia, (Y/N) this is amazing!" said the brunette as he drank a little more. "Thank you, Master," I responded with a graceful bow.

I looked over at Zelda. She winked at me, then stood up. "Excuse me for a moment." And with the blink of an eye, she was gone...

Wait - she knows there isn't a customer restroom here. Damn, Zelda, you trickster!

Now it was only Link and I. "H-How are you today, Master?" I stammered, very obviously nervous. "Uh, I'm okay, thanks," replied the boy. "Is this where you've been, all this time?" He quietly asked me. "Yes, Master Link."

The hero chuckled a little bit, "Oh thank Hylia, the rumors around the mansion were so unbelievably cruel, I was starting to worry! I'm glad this is where you've been going." I sighed and smiled, "Rumors do spread like wildfire. "

There was no one else in the cafe at the moment, so I was allowed to continue the conversation. "What have they been saying as of late?" I questioned Link, keeping character. "Awful things, (Y/N), " he started, seeming to become accustomed to the different dialogue I've been using. "They say you've been sneaking out and dating weird men for money, or that you worked for a cartel. They're making up terrible things to explain where your extra money comes from."

My facial expression didn't falter, however I felt a little pained. "Master Link, it is not my place, but may I ask a favor of you?" The brunette nodded. "Please, you musn't mention this place to the fellow Smashers at the mansion."

The green-clad Hylian was about to question me, but Zelda reappeared, sitting back down as I moved out of her way. "I've awaited your safe return, Mistress Zelda," I greeted with a curtsy. Link and Zelda exchanged glances, agreeing that it was about time to leave. Taking the hint, I gently placed the checkbook in the middle of the booth table. The princess reached for it, but Link snatched it up before she could. He scribbled numbers down with the pen inside, leaving cash in it as he handed it to me.

"Keep the change."

He and Zelda exited the cafe. Checking the money he left, I noticed that he left a rather generous amount of cash over the total.

Link became a regular, stopping in almost every day, sometimes multiple times. Rumors popped up at the mansion about him too, but he didn't seem to mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SORRY SORRY SORRY!

MY EXCUSE: JUST GOT A NEW PHONE AMD I'M RECOVERING FROM SEVERE WRITERS BLOCK!

I've got loads of one shots lined up for you guys soon though! Tons of requests are on the way!

Thanks, and see ya!