Four

A/N:

I'm having a lot of fun writing this book than the other.

Idk but...

Enjoy!!!! :)

_____________________

Four

"Number 96? Please come to the audition room. Number 96."

I stood up and grabbed my CD. I passed by my competitors, and heard them whispering. I couldn't tell what they were saying, because I didn't care. Today is my day to shine.

I entered the audition room, which was a normal studio with a barre, and floor length mirrors. In front of the mirrors were three judges, and four young men. The bond one, was Kendall, I was sure of that. James sat next to him, then the short Hispanic guy was Carlos...I think. Then the last one on the end was...I'm not sure. Whomever he was, he didn't look like he wanted to be here.

"State your name and the song you'll be dancing to," the woman said.

"Kaitlyn Ferguson and I'll be dancing to Just Getting Started," I answer, clutching my CD to my stomach.

The three judges hurriedly wrote things down, including the other guys, excluding the one on the end.

"Okay. Hand your CD to Logan and he'll set up your music," the woman said with a subtle smile.

The last guy on the end had to be Logan, so I handed it to him. He only looked at me when I gave it to him. He looks at me curiously before taking the CD, and putting it in the player.

I took my position on the middle of the floor, and waited for the music to start. I heard the click of the PLAY button, and then the electric beat blasted through the studio. I pretended I was at home in my room, dancing freely, with no care in the world. When the music ended, I stopped and posed.

Their eyes never left me, as far as I could tell. I was especially surprised when Logan didn't fall asleep. Then again, how can you fall asleep with such upbeat music? The four of them clapped, but were stopped by the older woman.

"That was simply brilliant," a young man with black rimmed glasses said. He had a thick English accent. "Wonderful job, Ms. Ferguson."

I bowed and muttered a small thanks. Logan handed me my CD.

"That was...awesome," he whispered.

I didn't respond. Instead, I smiled and left the studio.

There were still about thirty more people to go, and callbacks were immediately afterwards, so I sat down and listened to my music. I kept to myself. The people here came with someone--their friends--that was also auditioning so I was that lone wolf. It bothered me; then I realized that it would be awkward if one of them got it and their friend didn't. I lightly giggled, but people stared at me in annoyance and curiosity.

Soon the woman came out again and she stood in the doorway. I took out my earbuds, paused the song, and shoved it in my duffle bag. I heard people shushing each other, and then it became quiet. Super quiet.

"Before I announce the callback list, I would like to say thank you to everyone who auditioned," she said sweetly. It wasn't real though. I've been to auditions since I was seven, and I know the thank you for auditioning speech by heart.

"Will the following people meet in the studio for the next stage:" she said. She was marking something on her clipboard.

This was it. This was the moment of truth. I was either going to fail or get called back. There was no second chances. Ever.