Six

A/N:

This is just an AU when James is dating Halston. Okay?

Anywho, thanks for the reads! I'm glad everyone is enjoying.

Enjoy!!!

___________________________

Six

Practice took place at an old yoga studio by my apartment; so it didn't take me long to get there. The place was small. It was a single studio, unlike the one I worked at, and there was a single barre along the right wall. Across from it was the floor to ceiling mirrors that smelt like lemons. They must've cleaned up the place. In the back right hand corner was a small radio.

I dropped my bag by the wall, and scrolled on my phone. No one was here yet, but that was okay. I'll make a good impression since I'm early. Soon Carlos came in. He smiled when he saw me. I got up to shake his hand and he held mine with a firm grip.

"Nice to see you again," he greeted.

"It's a pleasure," I responded.

He let go. "They're coming. James just texted me and he said he's right around the corner."

"Great. The sooner they get here, the better."

And as if on cue, James and Kendall came in. James had ear plugs on, and Kendall was texting someone on his phone. They put their things by mine and warmly greeted me.

I looked the clock on my phone and Logan still wasn't here. I had to start and Mr. Edwards told me to start whether they were here or not.

It was like teaching the kids at the studio. This wasn't going to be hard, as long as they stopped talking.

"So how's Alexa?" James asked Carlos.

"She's good. You know movies and stuff," he replied.

"When will we get a movie?" Kendall questioned.

"Dude, we had one, like, two...three years ago," James said.

I stomp my foot. "Hey! I'd love to listen to this conversation, but we have some work to do."

"Sorry," they muttered.

"Thank you." I walked over to the music. "Now what music are you using for the video?"

"Just Getting Started," Carlos answered.

"Awesome. I actually have that song," I whispered to myself. I was thumbing my phone for the song, when Kendall spoke.

"Wait," he began, "you don't listen to our music?"

"Nope." I pressed my lips together.

"Then why did you sign up for the job?" James wondered.

I pressed the play button, and the familiar electric beats play throughout the small space.

"Cause I'm poor," I simply said. I jog back to the middle of the floor. I look at them through the freshly cleaned mirror. "Just watch."

"Right now, it feels like it's the encore,

like we just left you wanting more,

but we just set foot in the door..."

I break out into a series of fairly easy dance steps to the first few lyrics. They all watched carefully as I executed the moves. As I restart the song, Logan comes through the door.

"Sorry I'm late! I kind of...overslept," he explained. His eyes were glassy and there were bags under his eyes. He was hungover.

"Maybe if you didn't party the night before rehearsals, just maybe, you wouldn't be late. " I told him.