Seven

Seven

One word.

Hangover.

If it wasn't for Miranda I wouldn't have woken up. My headache was worse than I could ever imagine and trying to cope with it was worse. Miranda has had her fair share of hangovers so she gladly helped me by leaving a note with tips on how to bear it -- they called her in for work.

I grabbed a glass of water and an Advil, but I took a second one. But sadly, before I could take a sip of my water, I felt something inch up my throat. So I dashed to the bathroom and threw up.

"Crap," I muttered, flushing the toilet and rocking back on my heels.

The whole Advil and glass of water thing was not going to work on me, so I took a quick shower and pulled on sweats, a t-shirt and my sneakers. I pulled my hair into a tight ponytail and put on my shades to hide my bloodshot eyes. A trip to the supermarket should do me some good. I'll pick up some of my favorite snacks and I'll be okay.

--

When I got to the register with my items, a TeenPop, a teen mag, magazine caught my eyes. I don't usually pay attention to magazines because most of the things they put in them are spurious. But today, of all days, I picked up the vibrant book and my eyes couldn't believe what I saw. Me on the cover looking lovingly at Logan Henderson.

How could it be? How could I be acting so unprofessional?! This is against everything I stand for!

But the picture couldn't be clearer. It was taken last night, but how come I didn't notice anything? Sure I'm hungover and my memory is a little foggy, but I should remember something!

"Is that everything, ma'am?" the teenage boy asked.

I was thankful for my sunglasses at that moment, but it didn't do anything about the blush that was appearing on my cheeks.

"Um...I'll buy all of these."

The boy's eyes widened, then he shrugged casually. "Cool."

--

When I got back home with more copies of the magazine, I put them next to the other pile on the couch. Then my phone rings. Not caring who it is, I pick it up.

"Katelyn speaking."

"Hey, KateKate!" Toby said.

"Hey, Toby. Long time, no talk."

"Tell me about it. Hey listen," he started, "have you check HollywoodStars?"

"You watch that show?" I asked, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Don't judge! So did you?"

I stepped over the stacks of books, into the living room and turned on the TV. "No. I was out all morning. So what's -- ? Oh. My. Gosh."

It was the same picture of me and Logan that was on every magazine.

"Logan Henderson, Big Time Rush band member, was seen with a unknown friend," Marina Diamond, the host of the show, dished.

"I don't know about that Marina," Luke Cruger added. "They look a little too close for friends."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!"

"I didn't know you were into him," Toby said.

"I'm not!" I yelled through the phone. "At least I thought I wasn't."

This is unbelievable. Just imagine how it's going to be when I see them tomorrow! I should just stay home, but if I stay home then it just makes me even more guilty. And if I go then it'll be so awkward.

"So, Katie," Toby said, "what're you going to do?"

That was the million dollar question: What was I going to do?

--------------------

Here we go! I hope you liked it. Thanks for all the sweet comments! It really made my day!!

-Alex xxx