1

Gotta give credit for this story to emmanurse so go follow her!! She is the master mind behind it. I've had so much fun co-writing though!! Hope you all enjoy!

"Are you sure this is what you want to do? I mean, Ozzie's coming with me to Nashville for a few weeks, you could join us?" Dansby questioned as he sat on his friend's couch, watching as he gathered things, "We're just gonna chill and catch some hockey games. It's a change of pace from what you're used to."

"Thanks, hermano," Ender shook his head, "But my mind is made up. I've already booked the place. I'm quite satisfied with it," He handed the brochure to Dansby, "This is what I need."

Dansby eyed the cabin and arched an eyebrow, "Okay, impressive. But alone? You sure you're not taking a lady friend?"

Ender laughed at Dansby's suggestive tone, "Come on, Swanson. You know me. I don't have time for relationships, even in the offseason. As soon as I get back it'll be the holidays then time for work once again. Why is it so hard to realize I just want time to myself."

Dansby shrugged and checked a text on his phone, "Alright, well you do you, bro-" He stood and extended his hand to give Ender five, "I'll see you around. I won't be back until after Christmas though."

"Alright, I'll be here," Ender laughed, "Hopefully a new, changed man!"

"Without a woman involved," Dansby mused as he put his hand on the door, "Doubtful! See you, man."

Ender sighed and made his way back to his room. He had much to get done and little time to do it in. Packing was always a chore, regardless of the reward at the end of the task. Finally though, after a mere half hour, Ender was positive he was ready. He zipped his suitcase and was satisfied he had everything he would need. It was a two-week trip away from everything, and he was positive he'd never been more ready for anything.

His friends and fellow baseball players had tried to talk him out of it. He wasn't sure why they hated the idea so much. Two weeks with no communication with the outside world didn't seem half bad to him. No questions, no judgment, and nothing to distract him from the relaxation he desperately needed. Typically, he'd be at the beach with his brother or going home to Venezuela, but this year he needed something different.

Winning the World Series was what every player dreamed of, but the aftermath and the constant demands weren't all it had cracked up to be. The interviews, the calls, the photographs, despite how humble he was, he felt like he had to breathe. Ender wasn't being ungrateful, but the season had taken so much out of him, he felt as if he couldn't continue.

A four hour drive had lead him down we roads and to sites he'd never seen before. He leaned forward to turn down the radio as it began to lose signal. Ender's hands crossed over one another as he turned the steering wheel of his truck to navigate down the long dirt road. Another two miles at least had gone by with nothing but pine trees and hillside, before he finally arrived at his destination. A smile crossed his face as he parked, and glanced up to the cabin. It was more than he could have ever expected, "North Carolina, we hardly know one another, but I like you."

He quickly grabbed his things and headed inside. The living area was a decent size, a beautiful fireplace accented one wall, while windows adorned the back offering a panoramic view. He made his way to the back porch and he took in the view of the surrounding mountains. He was excited to find a grill and a hot tub, both nice touches that he hadn't expected. He carried his things through the kitchen and into the bedroom. It was a small cabin, but efficient for what he needed.