3

Dinner was quiet and neither of them really knew what to say to one another. Ender rarely found himself at a loss for words, but his company had him holding his tongue for the time being. She seemed interesting, to say the least, but it was hard to be comfortable with someone who wouldn't even speak.

"I hope dinner was at least okay.." Ender sat down beside her on the couch. He didn't care that she seemed annoyed, "I mean, I'm no cook but-"

"It was fine, thanks," She closed her laptop and glanced over at him, "Do you mind?"

"Do you?" He shrugged, "I mean, I am being kind by allowing you to stay in my cabin and eat my food-"

"Excuse you," Remi snapped, "You are not allowing me anything. More like, I'm allowing YOU. I should have called the police when you were watching me sleep."

"Yet you didn't-" He turned in his seat with a smirk as he met her gaze, "Why didn't you?'

Remi stared at him for a long moment before laying her computer aside so she could stand. Her hands went through her messy hair, "I don't know. You look harmless enough. Doesn't mean I want to share my rental with you. Also, doesn't mean I am enjoying this..."

"It's not your rental to share," Ender reminded, "Pretty sure I was here first."

"Doesn't matter," She shrugged, "My boss wouldn't make a mistake like this. She knew I needed alone time to work."

"So go work," He shrugged as he leaned back and turned on the tv, "Leave me to my relaxing. I need this break from my job, you need to do yours."

"How am I supposed to do my job with that-" She pointed to the TV where he had a soccor game on, volume almost max, "I can't!"

"I paid for this place. Doubt you did," Ender shrugged, "Your boss' money, not yours."

She glared at him, beyond frustrated. The nerve of some people, "I'm going in MY room," Remi huffed as she grabbed her laptop, "Don't bother me!"

Ender didn't look at her as he spoke smugly, "Lo que sea que digas, princesa."

She paused and turned to face where he sat. She arched her eyebrow, "What? I have no clue what you just said-"

He shrugged and shot her a grin, "Sleep well in my bed, Remi."

Remi glared at him but didn't speak. Instead, she stormed off and slammed the door behind her. She was beyond frustrated as she tossed her computer onto her bed and paced back and forth, "His bed? No-" She shook her head, "My bed."

"Pretty sure it's mine-"

She jumped when she heard his voice and was quite angry at his audacity to open the door, "Excuse you AGAIN!"

"I thought you may need this," He handed her the phone she'd left behind, "I mean, calling someone is better than talking to yourself. Although, signal is pretty spotty. But you already knew that. It works a little in this doorway though. Sleep well!"