2

"Okay, well that is not how I expected that to go," Ender muttered to himself as he threw the fishing pole and tackle box into the back of his truck. The brochure had advertised a fully stocked pond, but all he had managed to catch was a tree limb and a bike tire. He shrugged it off – it had been a relaxing afternoon regardless and now at least he did not have to figure out how to clean the fish in order to cook it. He drove up the bumpy dirt path that led back up to the cabin as he took in the sight of the mountains that surrounded him. It was beautiful and this was exactly what he needed. 

Ender decided to park his truck around the back side of the cabin. He didn't think there was anyone close by, but he didn't want to risk the chance of any nosy neighbors feeling the need to stop by. He had already begun to think about what he wanted to have for dinner when he opened the door to the cabin and immediately was hit with an unfamiliar scent, "Why does it smell like a woman in here?" He asked out loud. He figured the owners must have some sort of scent diffuser to keep the cabin smelling fresh, although he had not noticed this smell at all since he had arrived.

He opened the door to the bedroom, swearing he had left it open, and immediately jumped in shock at the sight of a woman laying on top of the bed, "¿Quién es ese?" He said as he quickly backed out of the room and leaned against the wall outside the door. 

It took Ender a second to catch his breath after the little scare, but as soon as his breathing returned to normal and his heart stopped racing, he peeked back into the room. The girl was on her side with her arms wrapped around HIS pillow. He couldn't get a clear view of her face because her dark blonde hair had come loose from its ponytail and was draped across her face. He backed out of the room once again, not sure of how to handle the situation. His phone buzzed in his pocket and he glanced down to see who was interrupting what was supposed to be his vacation of solitude. 

"Dansby." Ender thought out loud, "He did this," He had told himself he wasn't going to be in much contact with anyone but this situation warranted it, "Why did you do this?" He said immediately upon answering the phone, "You knew I wanted to be alone."

"Dude, you never let anyone know if you made it safely. I'm just calling to make sure you didn't drive off the side of a mountain or something."

Ender walked out on the porch so he could give Dansby a piece of his mind without waking the girl. Though, why he cared if she woke up or not he didn't know, "No, Dansby. Why did you send the girl? I know all you guys want me to have a lady friend but are you serious right now, hermano?"

All Ender could hear on the other end of the line was laughter. It went on and on before Dansby finally had to stop and catch his breath, "Wait a second," Dansby still couldn't talk without laughing. "You mean to tell me there is a girl there, with you, at the cabin?"