11

"Andrea! HEY, Andrea!" Remi rushed into her boss' office, flash drive in hand. She was nervous and it showed when her shaky hands laid it down on the desk in front of her, "Ma'am, I have one request for my book. It would mean the world to me if you could use this as the forward.."

Andrea looked over top of her glasses and took the flash drive. She paused for a second, before she glanced up at the younger woman, "What is this, Remi? I need to know before I agree to anything."

"Can you just trust me, and do this for me, please? I don't know what else to do-"

Andrea took off her glasses and ran a tired hand down her face. Remi wouldn't give up, she knew that much, but what she was asking was huge. Everything, including forwards, was supposed to be approved by a board. Andrea sighed, and knew Remi deserved this much, she had given up a lot to write this book on time, "I'll look at it and see what I can do."

Remi gave her a small smile and a nod, "Thank you. That's all I can ask," She debated saying something about it all, but decided against it quickly, "I'll see you in the morning."

"See you then." Andrea shook her head. She knew exactly what the forward was about and part of her felt as if it was a bit risky, yet the other part loved that her girl had grown into herself so nicely. The last thing she wanted was for Remi to end up like her. Alone and surrounded by nothing except work.

Remi felt exceptionally good about her chances to get the forward published. She knew Ender would read her book and know that it was to him. A small smile appeared as she thought about their time again, but then it disappeared as quickly when she checked her notifications and realized he'd never followed her back. Deep down, she was confused, but part of her wanted to think it was just too painful for him. She gathered her things and began her daily walk to her car. It was the time of day where she'd sit there for a moment, and check his social media. She had tried to cut back, but for the life of her, couldn't, "Alright, Ender. What are you into today..."

She held her breath, as usual, while she waited for it to load. Much to her surprise, he'd uploaded a new photo and she smiled at the look of happiness on his face. It was an older picture, probably from last season, but just seeing him had her feeling some type of way once again, "Ready to be back at it." She read the caption out loud. It already had over a hundred likes and twenty-five comments. It was impressive when it had only been posted for not even five minutes. Remi had sworn off reading comments and gazing through his followers, but she had to. Nervous, she opened the comment section and began to scroll. Most were just emojis, some in Spanish, others were from a few of what she assumed to be his teammates. She was starting to feel relieved until she went a little further down. Lots of girls, really pretty girls, telling him how great he was and how much they adored him. Sure, they were fans, but who knew if he would actually be attracted to them, or had even been with some, "Okay, that's enough, Remi-"

She was so distracted she didn't even realize she had a visitor by her window. Remi jumped when she heard the knock on the glass.

"Talking to yourself again, Remi?" Colin was smug as he reached for the door handle, "Can I just get in on the passenger side? We need to talk."

"Fine. Make it quick," She reluctantly agreed and locked her phone so he couldn't see. Ever since she'd come back to work, he'd been there. Her company had hired Colin to oversee an upcoming project, which had nothing to do with her, but it didn't stop him from irritating her, "What do you want?"