1.6 Buttery Popcorn

"I never heard you come in last night

"I never heard you come in last night." Noshiko stated as she stepped into the training room. Miya stood punching a bag, trying to clear her head before school that day.

"Came in through the shadows." She snapped, punching the bags several times.

"Even after the run?"

Miya stopped, heaving heavily. Looking at the raven haired woman in front of her she shrugged knowing she had been caught.

"Just needed to clear my head." Miya didn't want to explain what she was trying to clear, because she wasn't even completely sure what was going on. The feeling of Stiles lips on her own made her want to run and find him, kissing him again and again until her lips had gone numb. She wanted to know why she felt this way, because this had never happened the only thing that she could think of was that they may have taken her memories; but she didn't believe the agency would do that to her. She had never made a connection before so there wouldn't be a point in wiping her memories.

"Is it about that boy?"

She shrugged, "I don't know Noshiko. Honestly."

Noshiko nodded her head. The memories were coming back, maybe that could work to her advantage. "I need you to take the day off, make sure the Oni are ready for tonight."

Miya nodded, "I take Kira and Scott tonight."

~

As the sun set Scott knew that the creatures would soon be able to enter the house. They needed the mountain ash barricade up now and the way his father was going they weren't going to get it up in time.

When the sun went down, the first Oni entered the house. "Do not kill unless necessary." The words echoed around the house as Scott called out to his father. Kira looked away from the man trying to find where it was coming from. It was familiar but she was unable to pin point exactly who it was from or where she had heard it.

At the sound of the sword slicing through flesh, Kira screamed watching Scott's dad fall to the ground. Each rushed over to him at once when Aiden, Ethan and Derek lunged into the house taking care of the shadows. There were only two, which meant they were expecting it to be a somewhat easy fight. Boy were they wrong.

As each of the wolves shoved the two shadows from the room, Melissa lunged forward throwing a glass of mountain ash down to complete the barrier. But as they watched the shadows step forward to inspect the barrier in front of them, another stepped up from behind placing its hand against the barrier. It seemed to fizzle and move as it pushed against the barrier trying to force its way through. But to their relief it pulled its hand back suddenly.

"Take it down." It whispered turning away from the barrier.

~

They could see the shadows leader moving around the house, its eyes glowing yellow and blue as it touched the barrier at various points. It however always seemed to find its way back to the window that could easily watch Melissa as she knelt by Scott's father, applying pressure to his wound. "Why didn't it try to attack us?"