1.22 A new family

Standing in the school hallway, Miya couldn't help but stare at the locker that once belonged to Allison Argent. That once belonged to her best friend. She still couldn't forgive herself for what she had done, and had no idea how Chris was able to so easily not lodge a bullet in her head. He had lost so much and yet was so willing to forgive her.

He and Isaac had left for France the very next day, taking the Nogitsune with them. She had met them outside the apartment building hoping to say goodbye, but with that she also received his forgiveness, along with words she had promised to live by.

Protect those, who cannot protect themselves.

Chris had made her promise to live up to the words that Allison lived by. There was no way she would have disagreed. She wanted to prove to Allison she was the girl she believed her to be.

"Miya?" Lydia's voice snapped the brunette out of her daze as she turned to look at the strawberry blonde. "You alright?"

"I'm fine... just thinking." She replied smiling.

"About Allison?"

"About everything."

~

Walking out of the school building, Miya was surprised to find Melissa and Noshiko standing at the front of the building, a suitcase being placed into the back of the McCall car. Walking over with a confused look upon her face, Noshiko was the first to see the girls approach.

"Miya."

"What's going on?" Miya questioned, furrowing her eyebrows as she stopped just in front of the car.

"I've decided that you need a fresh start." Noshiko began smiling at Melissa. "You are no longer apart of the agency and technically I no longer have any use for you... So, I'm setting you free."

Miya looked at her with confusion still, to which Noshiko continued; "Melissa here has offered to take you in. She already has treated you as if you were her own child." Miya looked at the two in shock. Was Noshiko really giving her a chance at being somewhat normal. Was Melissa actually willing to do this for her.

"What are you saying?" Miya asked in awe.

"We're saying, you deserve an actual family; and if you wish to, there's always room in the McCall family." Melissa smiled, stepping closer to the brunette. Miya's mouth fell open in shock. She never thought she would get the chance to actually have a family, she never even thought she would have friends; and yet here she stood today with the chance to have both.

"But what about the money problems?"

"I will keep paying for your tuition until the end of high school, after that you will need to find a way in paying for college." Noshiko explained, as Miya's mouth fell further open in her shock. Stepping forward she wrapped her arms around Melissa, and pulled her into a tight hug. Melissa laughed lightly as she felt small tear drops fall upon her shoulder from the brunette.

"Thank you." She whispered, wrapping her arms tighter around Melissa.

"You were always like a daughter to me anyway." She muttered back to the younger girl.

~

Standing in her new room that evening, Miya was folding the last of her clothes and placing them into her dresser when Stiles entered the room. He smiled watching her move around the room happily, as she started arranging her desk with her computer and other stationary she used.

"Hey." He spoke up, earning a hum from the brunette as she grabbed a couple of her books and started stacking them up on her desk. "I don't even get a hello?" He mused stepping into the room.

"I heard you come in." She muttered, forcing him to hold a few picture frames Kira had given her to put photo's that Stiles and Lydia had given her from when she first lived in Beacon Hills. Sitting down on the bed he scanned through a few of the frames that held several photos of him, Allison, Lydia, and Scott. "Did Scott tell you?" She asked, implying about the adoption.

"My dad actually." He replied handing her a picture frame holding a picture of Allison, Lydia and herself. Scanning the photo Miya quickly placed it upon her desk, before moving to take the rest of the frames from him and scattering them upon her bed so that she could sort out which ones go where. "Are you happy?" She stopped suddenly looking at him.

"I've never felt better." She said, taking three of the frames and taking them to her desk to arrange them with the other. He watched her move across the room, he could see the slight slump in her shoulders as she walked, it was obvious the thought of Allison still weighed upon her mind, but it was than he noticed another frame that hanging just above her desk. In it was the five of them, the Argents code written around the edge of the frame.

Stiles smiled, watching her return and sit on the bed beside him. The last two frames resting on her lap. Smiling, she placed them carefully on her bedside table so that they could easily be seen. The one closest to her bed was of her and Stiles at the Winter Formal, each of them smiling at the other, as Miya seemed to be laughing at something he said. The other however was something he had kept for the day she would return. It was a small wolf she had drawn in the back of his notebook one day when she was bored. It was mostly in blue highlighter as that was what she usually drew with but there were also touches of green, yellow and red mixed into it.

Seeing his shock at the sudden appearance of her drawing Miya gripped his hand. "Scott gave it to me." He began playing lightly with his fingers. "He said it was something you gave him to remind him that I was still good, that the Oni was only one part of me."

Once again Stiles was shocked that Scott would remember that, that he would even give it to her. But he had and Miya was glad about it. It helped to remind her that all those deaths that she caused because of the Nogitsune weren't entirely her fault as the Nogitsune had control of her.

Smiling proudly at the brunette beside him, Stiles leant down and captured her lips in a soft kiss; and that moment for them both was utter bliss. The first moment that they really had that was just them, and they never wanted to let go of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24/02/2018

So that's it. That's the last chapter of Fading and I can now announce the third book; Hunted. This will follow season 4 and will begin hinting at aspects of season 5. So I hope you'll all read that one and have enjoyed reading Fading.

EH! xx

UPDATE: The title of the 3rd book has been changed to Becoming the Prey.