Chapter Ten

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 10

=============

James nervously awaited his mom's reaction and what a reaction it was.

Carol opened the door and stepped into the kitchen, not looking up until she was two steps in. When she did see James, her jaw dropped and her purse and keys fell to the floor. Her eyes grew as big as Japanese Kawai doll eyes and she gasped as a look of shock spread across her face.

James immediately decided from her reaction that he had really done the wrong thing now. She didn't say anything, she just stood there in shock.

The look on her face only served to fuel James's belief that she was ashamed of him and even more so now. He was ready to cry, but he wouldn't allow his mom to see him do that.

He turned and quickly disappeared back to the living room and plopped down in the swivel chair of the computer desk. Tears escaped the corners of both eyes.

Unbeknownst to James, as Carol continued to stand just inside the open door, she was anything but ashamed of her son. Her heart had jumped into her throat and for several moments she was speechless, unable to move. She was frozen in place, practically in shock.

Still and silent, she had watched him hurry away in the five inch high, black with silver rhinestone, stiletto T-strap heels that she herself had only worn once because she had trouble walking in them. More to the point he just hurried away in them like it was nothing, as poised and steady as a professional runway model.

Although it was exciting for Carol to see him expertly, femininely maneuver in those heels, she knew she would have to let him know that girls his age didn't wear five-inch stiletto heels. Those would have to wait until he was older, much older.

Another moment passed before she snapped out of her shock-induced daze, retrieved her purse from the floor and headed to the living room.

Carol paused in the hallway just long enough to place her purse on the table, hang up her keys, take a deep breath and gather her thoughts.

Finally, she walked into the living room and directly over to the desk where her beautiful son now sat.

Carol extended her hand towards James and he gently placed his hand in hers without looking up. He was convinced his hard work had been for nothing and now his mom was going to have it out with him.

Carol kicked off her heels and knelt down to put herself at eye level with her son. She began to think about how she couldn't see any trace of her son sitting in front of her. She could see nothing but a beautiful young lady and she determined then and there that she wouldn't or couldn't look at him as her "son" as long as his look was that of a fashion magazine cover girl.

He had gone to great lengths to tell her something today and she felt that she had gotten the message.

She believed he was trying to show her that he had come to accept the role of a girl and if that is what he wanted, she was ecstatic because truth be told, she loved it as well. But she knew she couldn't rush into it too fast.

She would have to take it slow and careful. She didn't want to scare James and have him feeling that he was never loved as a boy and that this was the plan all along.

She also wanted to make sure this really was what James wanted and he wasn't just doing it to for her love and attention.

Carefully, she reached out and cupped James's chin and observed his mascara streaked cheeks. Before she could even speak she saw more tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.