Chapter Thirty-three

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 33

======================

dedicated to valerieloza1 for all your support of this and other stories. - thanks

Thanks for ALL the suggestions and input from several enthusiastic readers, you know who you are. Your feedback has contributed to the vast improvements this story has gone through. If this is your first time reading this story, you'll never know how much it has grown and evolved  from the original version.

===================

Carol's first day in her new office was a whirlwind of activity. Her designs were being sent to have samples sewn, immediately. An ad campaign was being rushed to production that needed her input. And Velheim's official fall/winter fashion show had to be planned and prepared.

Ordinarily the annual fall/winter fashion show took nearly two months of planning to execute but Mr. Williams and the rest of the board wanted this one done in three weeks since Carol's designs were already beginning to create a buzz and they wanted to make sure Velheim's name was attached to them as quickly as possible.

In addition to everything else Carol had on her plate that first day back, she also had to attend a board meeting that, in Carol's opinion, lasted entirely too long.

She also had to get Velheim's lower designers up to speed on her designs.

By the end of the day, Carol felt like she had just done a week's worth of work.

On the drive home, she decided she pretty much had conducted a week's worth of work. All she wanted to do now was get home, kick off her heels and go straight to bed.

Although she must have actually been that tired she knew she was very happy in her new position and proud of what she had accomplished.

Earlier that day, James had begun preparing a surprise for his mom in honor of her first day back at work. He had decided to cook dinner.

It started earlier in the morning with James spending quite a bit of time online looking at recipes, trying to decide what he wanted to make.

After starting with a list of fifteen different meals, he finally whittled it down to three. Unable to decide, he assigned each of the three recipes two numbers from a single six-sided die then gave the die a single roll.

This is how he ended up with the meal he was going to prepare; Lasagna. To go with it he decided on a salad, garlic bread, and a low-calorie mousse.

Looking through the cabinets James saw that they didn't have most of the ingredients he needed. He would have to go to the grocery store.

There was one problem though. James knew his mom had never let him walk to the grocery store by himself before. She had, however, allowed him and Rebecca to go together, so James got his phone and gave Rebecca a call.

Unfortunately, James found out, Rebecca wasn't home and wouldn't be back before it was too late to make the lasagna, so a decision had to be made; find something else to make or go to the store alone.

James decided he was just going to have to go alone because this was one of his mom's favorite dishes. He wanted to do this for his mom to celebrate her first day in her new position, so he wrote down everything he needed then got ready to go.

Not wanting to go to the grocery store looking like he had just rolled out of bed, James took the time to choose a presentable outfit, carefully brushed his hair and put on just a hint of makeup.