Reflections

Anakin couldn't bare to look at the sunset any longer, he knew no good would come of it. Instead, he made his way to a nearby transport, bound for Senator Amidala's personal residence.

As he sat in the cheaply-furbished transit unit, he observed his surroundings. He looked to his right, and saw a familiar face, none other than the old Jedi Master, Tera Sinube. While he personally hadn't spent much time with Sinube, he knew that the latter had made a great impact on his former student. He remembered Ahsoka's account of the 'stolen lightsaber' incident, in which a Terrelian Jango Jumper by the name of Cassie Cryar stole Ahsoka's weapon and lead her on a wild goose chase through the Republic Capital city. She was much younger then, and less experienced. She was impatient, eager to quickly find Cassie and retrieve her treasured possession. It was only with Sinube's guidance that she was able to clear her head, take her time and approach the situation with a calmer, more focused mind. Ahsoka learned a valuable lesson that day, one that stayed with her for the rest of her time with Anakin.

It's a wonder how time flies when one is deep in thought. Anakin looked out at the open city, and realised he was nearly at his destination. He was tempted to go over and say something to Master Sinube, but no sooner had the thought crossed his mind, the railspeeder stopped and the old creature disembarked from the vehicle. The next stop was Anakin's. It would usually be at this point that 'Snips' would make some quip to diffuse the awkward silence, but she couldn't, and there was no-one who could.

He looked around, the carriage was completely empty. Anakin suddenly felt the same feeling of loneliness that he'd felt back when he was nothing more than a slave, he felt like a lost child again.

Padmé he thought, it wouldn't be long now. Hold onto that bright spot. Hold on.