Isolation

Coruscant, the capital of the Galactic Republic, is split clean into two halves, though no-one wants to admit that. On the surface, its a grandiose, spectacular sight, with shimmering aesthetic and skyscrapers as far as the eye can see, but beneath that veil of beauty, lies the ugly truth.

Ahsoka looked out of the window of her recently-rented apartment. This wasn't permanent, it couldn't be, but until she had a means of getting off-world, she was stuck here. As she looked out, she didn't like what she saw. She'd been in some rough neighbourhoods, but this was something else. Drinkers, gamblers, smugglers and criminals formed the backbone of Coruscant's population. Was this really the same planet she'd called home for so many years? How could the heart of the Republic, a beacon of hope for the galaxy, house this much scum and villainy? Though the sad fact was, she already knew this. It was in areas like this that she'd spent the last few days hiding, while on the run from Republic law enforcement, accused of a crime she didn't commit.

It wasn't long before the fatigue of the last week took its toll. She slumped on her bed, and fell into a deep sleep. As she slept, she began to dream. She dreamed of the life that she once knew, and how much she missed it. 'Snips' and 'Skyguy', it was perfect. Then, she started to contemplate what might have been... passing the Jedi Trials, kneeling before the council as Grandmaster Yoda slices off her padawan braid, and grants her the rank of Jedi Knight, the clone wars ending, the Separatists finally being defeated, and her and her master finally having the peace they'd been searching so long for. Then, she opened her eyes, and remembered, it was nothing more than a dream. The Jedi had turned their backs on her, abandoned her, and now she had to make it on her own.

And yet, in spite of everything, she still wished she had her master by her side.