Schemes

It could be said, without a shadow of doubt, there had been a shift in the Force. A minor shift, but a shift nonetheless. To the rest of the galaxy, this would be barely worthy of recognition, but to one man, it was an opportunity.

As Sheev Palpatine sat in his mundane, pointless chair, staring at his mundane, pointless desk in his mundane, pointless office, he began to dream. All this, the Republic, the Senate, it was all just a farce, a necessary step in securing his future. He would soon have everything he needed, soon the power he sought after would be within touching distance, but until then, there were still several pieces of the puzzle that had to be put into place.

Before he could dream any further, the doors into his office slid open, and in walked Vice Chancellor Mas Amedda. He was carrying a datapad.

"Your excellency, this is the report from the Jedi Council following the recent trial," he said, handing the pad over to the intrigued chancellor.

Palpatine skimmed through the report, with his alter ego seething with hatred all the way through. This was without a doubt Mace Windu's writing, the pretentious fool. Only he could extend a simple sentence into reams and reams of verbose nonsense! Then again, that was the way of the Jedi. If you want to sound wiser, just talk more. Talk, that's all they ever had. They talk of peace, justice, order, but that's it. It takes someone with knowledge of the full power of the Force to truly achieve these ideals. Only through the Dark Side, could one be victorious.

As he speed-read the Jedi's waffle, he came across something truly interesting, something devastating, something disastrous, something tragic, but to Darth Sidious, something beautiful.

"The young padawan Ahsoka Tano has left the Jedi Order? How... unfortunate," he said sarcastically.
"Indeed, will that be all sir?" the vice chancellor inquired.
"Yes, leave me," came a blunt reply.

Amedda bowed his head and left the room. The ensuing silence brought Palpatine a great deal of pleasure. He now knew exactly what the next step in his plan was. Everything was proceeding as he had foreseen.