Epilogue

And so, here we are at last. I am most pleased that you have made it this far, most pleased.

You are likely wondering why I have felt the need to tell you this story, or indeed how I went about acquiring the means to tell it. Historians have said that no true, authentic account of this story exists in the entire galaxy, since none of the key figures present are alive to tell the tale. They are wrong.

Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. Two Souls intertwined, united by the Force itself, only to be pulled apart by a galaxy of conflict, war and violence. It is a perfect summation of all the problems with the galaxy as it was back then, and why a change of order was required.

You see, acquiring the necessary evidence in order to make this account completely factual, was easy, for I was watching these events closely... very closely. Was I in fact present for it? That depends on your own point of view. I may not have been present in the flesh, but I was most definitely there.

For years, the Jedi Knight and his Padawan fought side by side; they became inseparable. He came to love her like a sister, like family, never realising that she was holding him back, preventing him from achieving his full potential. By the time she was finally cut out of the deal, he had become too reliant on her, and as a result, became vulnerable.

In the end, the student outlived the master, as is always the case, but all things, including her, must die eventually. She represents one of the Jedi Order's greatest failures, and above that, she represents the past. Anakin Skywalker is the past, and he is dead. Now, she must join him.

The galaxy no longer needs the Jedi, a new order has risen to take their place, and as for Skywalker? There is no need for him either. I am everything he was, and more. Everything he had, I have, and everything he craved, is mine to do with as I please. I am the future of the Force. Only one thing stands in my way, one last reminder of days long gone, and as I journey to the planet Malachor, I know that it will soon be gone.

I am Darth Vader, and tonight, Ahsoka Tano dies.