The Calm Before the Storm - Ahsoka

Ahsoka could sense... something. She didn't know what, but something was going on. There was more to this whole situation than she understood. The tide was changing, for better or for worse.

She was alone in her cell now. Dooku and the Magnaguards had left as soon as they'd finished recording the message. From this, she knew one thing was certain; this was a trap, a trap for Anakin Skywalker. She knew her former master would be on his way, racing to the rescue, but she didn't want that. What would she say to him? What would he say to her? Or, what if they didn't speak at all? What if he died?

She had to escape. She had to save her master.

Being shocked with an electrostaff mere moments after waking up was a surefire way of awakening one's senses. The room was no longer pitch black to her. She could see, or at the very least sense, her surroundings. She looked around, looking for something, anything. The laser gate? Impenetrable. A ventilation shaft? No, she wasn't as small as she used to be. Cut through the floor? No lightsaber. It was hopeless, but she refused to give up, after all, she wasn't a Jedi anymore.

Since looking had failed her, she moved on to listening. She closed her eyes, pressed her head against the wall, and listened. She could hear talking. Two voices, one clear as day, the other distorted, as though coming through a hologram. She quickly deduced who it was. The clear voice was Dooku, and the other must be his ever-elusive master.

"We are almost at the rendezvous point," she heard Dooku say.

This was followed by a muffled reply. Ahsoka tried her best to decipher it, but to no avail. She continued to listen to their conversation. Then, she heard Dooku ask a question. She didn't like it, not one bit.

"What is your obsession with the boy?" Dooku asked.

Again, an indiscernible reply, but a long one. Clearly this interrogative had stirred up some tension between them.

"As you wish... my Master," Dooku closed with.

Ahsoka took her head away from the wall, and sat still, pondering. She couldn't help noticing an unusual pause before "my Master," as though Dooku didn't want to say it. Animosity between master and student?

Before she could even think of anything else, she was flung against the wall of her cell. She had barely staggered to her feet, when she heard the sound of an explosion. She looked outside her cell, and all she could see was fire. The explosion had set the main hangar ablaze. Through the flames, she could just make out the vague outline of a ship touching down.

The ship was under attack. For better or for worse, things were about to get interesting.