Delphox x Female Reader

This was requested by Otaku9330

______________________________________________________________________________

It's been tough for _____ to getting used to her Delphox's new look, not because it's weird, but because he's really hot!

Today _____ and Delphox decided to go on a camping trip as a nice break from their normal life of battling and nosy friends; at least that's how Delphox's sees them. On this trip _____ was determined to muster up the courage to as Delphox a question that's been killing her for ages. Where on earth does his magic fire stick come from! He doesn't have fur anymore so it's not there. Normally she would never as such a question since her partner was very self-conscious since he was a male Delphox. They often receive scorn for their feminine looks.

"_____?" 

Delphox calls from down the path to the campsite.

"I thought you were going down to the lake."

He says, gesturing towards the path to the lake. Since he was part fire type he had a strong dislike of was.

"Why are you here?"

You pull your legs to your chest and sink further into the warm blanket around your shoulders, and gave him a small smile.

"If felt wrong leaving you alone when this is meant to be a bonding experience. So I decided to come and enjoy the campfire with you."

"Yeah, the fire's nice. So I guess we should pass the time like normal people when they go camping."

"So you want to talk, you have the strangest way of asking for things sometimes."

You grin and tug his arm so that he falls into place next to you, light pink dusting your cheeks due to the new contact. He smiles and pats your head before pulling the furry blanket around him and wrapping a warm arm around your waist. Your blush darkens from his actions. Since he was a pokemon he still doesn't totally understand what some types of body languages mean.

"Yeah, 'suppose I do, are you sure you're ok with not swimming?" 

He grins making your stomach flutter.

"Arcus, how much more of this can I take." 

You think, relieved that it's night and could blame your blush on the fire.

"Of course, I like fire better than water anyway!" 

You giggle and pull the top of the blanket over your heads. In the sliver of firelight that broke through the darkness of the cover, you can make out the reddish-hue of his overheated face.

"Wait, could that mean he has feelings for me?"

Your hope sparking.

"No, it's probably just the fire or his new body acting up."

"Y-You do, don't you..." 

He stutters out, a hint of pride in his voice.

"Mmmhmm! Now, about that talking, I have a question that's been on my mind for a while "

Your voice falters as he turns his head quickly towards you, a look of what appears to be confusion and hope.