Male Wailmer x Female Reader

Request by @DWTDfangirl

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wailmer POV

It was another normal day at the beach helping the coastguards patrol the water. I've been helping the guards save people for years now. I was swimming lazily on the lookout when I saw it, a Sharpido. Quickly I surface and sound my alarm and watch as the human guards call out to evacuate the water. Sharpidos don't normally come this close to shore so when one does it's important to get everyone away. I sink back underwater ready to deal with the shark when I see a pair of legs. Someone was still swimming and they were getting closer to it! with no time to lose, I swim to the girl, thankful the Sharpido still hadn't seen them. I swim under them and surface so they're sitting on my back.

"Whoa hey! What are you doing?"

Ignoring her cries I swim to the shoreline, as we got closer it seemed she could finally hear the guards' calls.

"Oh, you were saving me."

Soon we reach land and the girl slides off my back. She turns around and places her hand on my nose, rubbing it gently.

"Thank you so much."

I let out a puff from my blowhole and watch her giggle. She ran off to her parents and I was given a Pecha berry as a reward.  

Y/N POV

It was the start of my second year as a coastguard, and I was reminiscing on the past. Years ago I was saved by the same Wailmer I now work with. He made me want to help save people. As I grew up I learned how to be a coastguard and now I'm here. After taking a deep breath of the ocean air I look around for anything dangerous. As I scan the water my eyes catch sight of something pink in the water. I sigh as I grab my boy and head into the water. It must be a Luvdisc or Corsola that got too close. For their protection, we try and usher them back into deeper water so that people can't hurt or mess with them. 

Swiftly I swim to where I saw the blob of pink, enjoying the feeling of the cool, smooth water. I couldn't enjoy it long before I feel something wrap around my ankle. I was about to reach down to brush the loose piece of seaweed away when suddenly I froze. I tried to move my arms and they wouldn't respond, in fact, none of my body would work! I look at my ankle when I finally see it, it was a Frillish. Panic began to fill my body as the frilly pokemon began to drag me lower into the water. I couldn't thrash, or scream, or even reach for my help button, all I could do was wait for my end.

Suddenly a stream of water hit the jellyfish pokemon causing it to let go. Before I could register it a bright white light engulfs my vision. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me and bring me to the surface. As we breach the water I take in greedy gulps of air as my body slowly starts to regain movement.

"______, are you ok?"

I couldn't speak yet so I just grunted a response to my savior. Swiftly he swam us back to shore and by the time we made it back I had regained most of my motor function. Setting me down on the sand I take a look at the mystery man. I take in his dark skin, nice body, and cool hair.

"Well, looks like I had to save you again."

The man gives me a bright smile and all the pieces fall into place.

"Wailmer?"

He laughs and scratches the back of his neck.

"It looks like the cures got me too."

I couldn't help but admire his new look, he was really hot.

"I guess we need a new water guard now huh?"

I laugh at my statement as Wailmer lets out a huff.

"Guess so, well now I'll just have to protect you from the shore instead of the water."

I push his shoulder and we both giggle as he helps me up. He holds onto my hand and gives me a shy smile.

"I've always thought you were pretty, guess now I can finally be with you more."

I could feel my blush as he looked at me with his gorgeous smile.

"I wouldn't mind being with you more."

It was awkward and nervous but I get the feeling the two of us are going to get real close.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest is up to you...anyhoo toodaloo my lovely trainers.

Sorry, it's not that long I'm really rusty and this was a tough pair but I did my best.

(806 words)