Male Hypno x Female Reader

Requested by @inksans201x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan loudly into my pillow as I turn for the hundredth time that night. I had been trying to go to sleep since 9:00 and it was nearly two in the morning. For the past week, I've been struggling to fall asleep, my eyes tired but my mind refusing to succumb to rest. It was getting to the point where I would go to bed earlier and earlier in hopes of falling asleep at a decent time.

With a huff of frustration, I pull myself from the covers and head to the kitchen. I trudge down the stairs and drag myself to the cabinet of glasses. Maybe a glass of warm MooMoo milk will do something. I pull a medium glass from the shelf and the bottle from the fridge.

"Well, you're up quite late."

I scream and drop the items in my hands, spinning to look behind me. In my haze of tired agony, I didn't notice someone else was in the room. Before the glasses hit the floor they were surrounded by a faint purple glow, hoving inches from their demise. My eyes follow them up as they float to rest on the marble counter beside me. I turn back to find the owner of the hunting low voice.

It was my Hypno, standing in the doorway. His head was tilted down so his mask shrouded his eyes, a smirk pulling his lips. The fluff of his collar ruffled in the gentle blow of the air conditioner, along with his silver hair. His thin arms crossed over one another as his pendant swung languidly in the air.

"For the love of Arcus Hypno! Stop sneaking up on me like that!"

I tried to put a bite into my words but my exhaustion was making it nearly imposable.

"Sorry doll, you know I can't help it."

Hypno giggled and pushed himself off the wall, making his way over to me.

"You still haven't told me why you're up. Hanging out with the Murkrow?"

He slipped his pendant into his sleeve and grabbed the bottle of MooMoo milk, turning it in his hand.

"No, no, I just...can't sleep."

This made Hypno pause, taking a sideways look at the milk.

"And you thought milk would help you more then, I don't know, asking your boyfriend who can put people to sleep?"

He set the milk down and turned to lean against the counter, arms crossed and a thin scowl on his lips. He looked down at me and I could see his amethyst eyes quirked in question.

"Well, I didn't want to bother you, if that were the case I would have come to you days ago."

Really I was rather scared of what would happen if I let him.

"DAYS!"