A night to remember

(P.S: I'm not British so I'm not going to use British phrases but I am Canadian so I'll spell words like colour, for example, differently. The sole reason why this book is set in England is that well, Tim Curry is British so I suppose it would make sense)

I'm a 24-year-old woman. Working at Starbucks. Living in England. I had a decent upbringing; it wasn't like I had a dreadful life. It was all right y'know. Just last year I set out to live on my own. I remained in the same range because I don't want to fully leave my family and friends. But I wanted to be just far away enough that I didn't have to deal with them.

Tonight my friends and I were going to have a Tim Curry movie marathon. My friend Annie didn't care much for him but my friend Jolene and I did. I was having another dull day at work. Working at Starbucks while you're trying to get an actual job when you have no practice isn't particularly entertaining.

All I do is make coffee over and over, I presume it's sort of relaxing but not really. I love Starbucks because it has that coffee smell I have always adored. Coffee is all right but the smell of Starbucks is something special. Near the end of the day, I recalled that Annie and Jolene were going to hang out with me so that lit up my day up a little more.

I get on the tube to take me to the area I'm living at. I'm living in a flat (no surprise) and once I got home, I couldn't help but feel odd. Like something was off, but I always have strange outbreaks of rubbish.

I put my coat on the hook and tumble on my couch. I start to put popcorn in the microwave and heard a thundering knock on the door. I left the popcorn in the microwave to cook and rushed to the door only to see Annie and Jolene. It was a bitter night, and they were wearing big coats with scarfs, mitts, and hats. I let them inside.

"Hi y/n!" Annie said as she was taking off her coat.

"Hey" I replied.

"It's colder than a witches tit out there," Said Jolene bitterly.

"Well, it is that time of the year," Annie responded.

"Oh stop being a smartass," Jolene said with an angry look on her face

Annie glanced at Jolene. Jolene and Annie were like sisters, they have been best friends since grade 1. Jolene has always been that punk rebel type but Annie is the complete opposite. Annie is gentle and caring (she also smells like strawberries) but Jolene is tough and stinks like weed.

Jolene grew up in a family of all boys she has four brothers, a dad and of course a mom. Annie has an older brother and a younger sister with a mother and a father. Annie has long blonde hair but Jolene has a red bob.

Jolene hates to be called Jolene, she says that it makes her feel more "feminine" so she prefers to be called Jo. I am in the middle of their personalities I'm not a punk but I'm not a goody two shoes. I wear whatever and do whatever, I'm not a very complicated woman.

Jo lies down on the couch and waits to be fed. I give Jo the popcorn but I know that's not a good idea because she'll eat it all in a second. But I join her on the couch but meanwhile Annie is still taking her boots off. It's Christmas time now and it's pretty cold and snowy so it makes sense that she would wear all of her layers but Jo doesn't care. She just wears whatever.

Annie is finally done taking her boots off and sits on the couch with me and Jo. I start to put The Rocky Horror Picture Show in But it wasn't working for some reason. Jo tried to fix it but it wouldn't work and then a sound of a door opening came from my bedroom, so all of us went to see what it was. But we stopped near the door only to hear a loud clicking noise getting louder and louder by the second.

A bright beam of light emerged from the cracks of the door leading to my room. Like the fool that I am, I walked to the light and Jolene and Annie followed closely behind. As I opened the door I noticed that the light was coming from my closet. Which didn't make any sense since nothing is in the closet.

Annie was freaking out because she believes in ghosts and spirits so she automatically thought it was a spirit of her dead neighbour trying to kill us, so I was trying to comfort her. Jo, on the other hand, charged right into the closet and vanished.

"Jo?...JO!?" Annie cried out

Annie let go of me to search for Jo. Annie too disappeared

"ANNIE!" I yell out

It's no use. I have to get in and find them. I take baby steps towards the beaming closet door and finally I make it through but everything blacks out...