Goodnight

Harold turns on the radio to listen to some songs on the road to his house. Everyone in the car is mute, so mute that I could hear the hail struck the window. I glance out the window and see suburban townhouses. All of them have some sort of Christmas decoration one way or another. I look at the ground carpeted with an elegant coat of snow.

The snow does not indeed have any kind of footprint anywhere. Which makes some sense since the time is 2 in the morning so I profoundly doubt that people are going to be doing stuff at 2.

The street that we're currently driving on is silent and tranquil. The sky is a shadowy blue with stars and a moon peeping out behind some clouds.

I was so fatigued that I was going to fall asleep right then and there in the car until the car came to a halt. Harold then drove into a driveway which I suppose is his. Harold turns off the radio and puts the car in park. Everyone starts to get out of the car and walk inside the house.

I find that a bit difficult since I'm so tired that I could pass out in the white shiny snow. Thankfully I didn't because I despise being cold so that'll only piss me off.

Harold keeps the door open for me while I sluggishly walk to the front door. Once I step inside the townhouse, the first thing I acknowledge is the heat. The beautiful heat which I so craved.

Once I got fully inside the house to take advantage of the warm grip of the warmth, I hear a door close behind me. I'm guessing that it's Harold closing the front door so snow doesn't swoop into the house. The house has an old grandma feel and look about it.

The smell seems incredibly vintage as well. This whole house looks remarkably clean which I appreciate because I don't like nasty houses. The house has a homey feel to it and feels like it has been lived in. I look to the left of me to notice a woman emerging from a room to the left of me.

The expression of the room seems like a living room since it had a couch and a T.V. The woman stands with her arms crossed and looking beside me to give a glance at Harold. The woman is wearing a pink silk robe and pink silk pajamas with some slippers on her feet.

Harold grabs me and my friends so that he can make a straight line exposing our faces to the woman. Harold slaps a cheesy grin on his face and looks at the woman.

"Janet, these are some exchange students that'll be staying with us for a while. I presume that the guest rooms are ready?" He looks so phoney it's disgusting

"Um, yes. But why are they here so late? Why didn't you tell me that we had guests? Harold, I have so many questions" She looks Harold right in the eye and gives me a look like what Annie usually gives Jolene.

"Oh my dear wife I'll explain the little details to you soon enough but for now I think I should introduce these ladies to you." He points at me "This is Y/n." He then points to Jolene who is next to me and says how her name is Jolene and then finally he points to Annie and says that her name is Annie.

"So why don't you show these ladies to their rooms. Oh! also before I forget girls this is Janet, my wife. Also Janet tomorrow I would be happy if you would take these girls shopping for appropriate clothing. Well, I'm off the bed, goodnight ladies."

Harold walks up some stairs that are right smack in the middle of this foyer. To the right of the stairs, there is a dining room with crystal china in cabinets. And behind the stairs, it seems like there is a kitchen but I'm not very sure since it's too dark for me to see clearly.

Janet makes a hand motion to make us follow her up the stairs. As we got to the top I saw 3 rooms. How convenient. A middle one, a left one, and a right one. She tells us which rooms we have.

I have the middle room, Jolene has the left room and Annie has the right room. Janet says goodnight to us and walks off to her bedroom to go to sleep. We all head to our assigned rooms and go to sleep.

I don't know why but I couldn't sleep. I was very tired but I kept thinking about Tim. I have a lot to think and maybe talk about. I stop thinking about Tim and start to listen to the white noise of trees swaying in the wind. I start to drift to sleep.

(This chapter is a bit shorter than the rest and only has 800 + words where the other chapters have 1000 +. The reason behind this is that I'm currently very tired and stressed out.)