The Record Store

We come to a halt at a record store named "Big Ben Records" The second we step inside I glance around and notice how many records they have, they have aisles upon aisles of records and they even have posters and decor covering the wall. It looked sleazy and I suppose 'Punk-ish'? If you could consider that a word. It certainly looked very interesting, with the people looking at records and the whole look and atmosphere of the place.

Tim pulled me further inside, and he made his way to a door with a bunch of stickers on it. Before we entered, he grasped my hand tighter (Since he was still holding onto my hand) and turned to face me and whispered in my ear

"I would like to introduce you to my friend" He looks at me and smiles then quickly opens the door

I then see a man on a wrecked up couch writing in some kind of book while music is playing in the background. The room has a retro TV on a little table which is in front the wall opposite from where the couch is, near the couch there's a dark green beanbag chair. It also has a bunch of music and movie posters on the wall.

The room is a mess most like the store part but it has a sort of nice vibe to it with all the records lying on the floor and everything misplaced and chaotic, it still felt nice. Even though it looked dirty with all this junk lying around, I couldn't help but like the aesthetic it has.

"Ah, Richard how are you?" Tim asks the man known as Richard before sitting on the couch beside him, which leaves me standing near the door since I have no idea of what to do nor where to go.

"I'm quite well," Richard seems too involved in what he's doing to respond with more than a couple word answer.

Richard then looked up from his book and noticed that I was standing near the door. He then puts his book and pencil down then walks over to me.

"And who's this young lady?" He turns around to Tim

"I'm Y/n," I say before Tim could respond

Richard turns around to face me and chuckles "Nice to meet you Y/n, have a seat"

I go over to the couch and sit beside Tim, Richard sits in the bean bag chair and continues writing. For a while, there is an awkward silence with me just looking around and with Tim playing with his hands.

"Um," I say out loud trying to get Richards attention, (which only worked a little since he took a quick glance at me then resumed writing whatever he was) "If you don't mind answering, what is this place?" I ask as I look around, not caring if Richard even looks at me. I then notice that Richard closes his book shut and sits it on his lap.

"Sorry about my rudeness. It's a record store that my mate owns, I sometimes come in here and write," Richard responds with a smile

"Writing what?" I asked

"A musical, I'm finished writing it but I need to do a couple things," Right after Richard said that my eyes grew wider than ever, like how the Grinch's heart grew. This man was Richard O'Brien, the Richard O'Brien who wrote 'The Rocky Horror Show' How could I be such an idiot not to notice that! This man was working on Rocky right before my very eyes. I try to keep myself together so then I don't weird Tim and Richard out.

"Oh, that's lovely. How do you and Tim know each other?"

"Well, we-"

"We met in the London production of Hair," Tim says before Richard could finish his sentence

"Well Y/n I think you've heard enough about me now tell me about you," Richard says while lighting a cigarette

"I'm Y/n L/n and that's about it."