ΣIGHT

SLITHER
CHAPTER VI

🌘

Please pick up. Please pick up. Please pick up.

"It's Cameron. Im busy right now so just leave a message. Beep."

I ended the call.

Ughhhh.

I had been trying to call him since this morning. I forgot to call him last night. Stupid stupid me!

It was Sunday evening and I still hadn't a word done on my assignment. I was so going to fail.

Maybe I could just improvise. I took a clean sheet of white paper and wore Cameron Cabellero and underlined it.

But then I realized I knew nothing more about him than his physique and that his choice of friends are jerks. I didn't think that would qualify for an assignment.

Ugh! Why is life always so hard?

I crossed my fingers and picked up my phone. I dialed Cameron's number again.

The phone started to ring. But I didn't get my hopes up.it would ring the past twenty times as well.

"Hello" I didn't hear that the past twenty times.

"Hi. It's Eva." I said with a little too much enthusiasm. But I couldn't be blamed, I had spent the last two hours wishing for him to pick up his god damned phone.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I couldn't call yesterday.So I was wondering if we could do the interview now." I really hoped he would say yes. I could hear roars of laughter and huge chatter in the background, he was surely busy.

"Now would be a bad time." My lips formed a pout, "My friends are here."

I could hardly hear what he was saying from all the commotion in the background.

"Can we meet somewhere?" I asked, but then added; "The assignment is due tomorrow."

I didn't want to sound desperate but I wanted to see him. Blame his good looks. I've never set eyes on someone so alluring,.  I caught my mind and held its leash before it started wandering off with thoughts of Roman.

"Meet me at The Occult at six." He finally answered after moments of thought.

He gave me the directions before hanging up. It was five now. So I decided that I should change out of the pyjamas that I refused to pull off and into something more presentable.

I finally decided on a multicolored tank top with a Navy blazer and my denim jeans. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun before leaving my room.

Unfortunately Hannah's room was just opposite mine. She was standing by her door texting when I saw her.

"Is that a dead squirrel on your head?" Hannah asked.

My hand suddenly went to my bun which I took time making.

"Oh don't worry, it's just an allergic reaction to you. "

Wow.

She rolled her eyes. 

Keep rolling them, maybe you'll find a brain back there.

Take that bitch.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I have whole lot of nothing to do that much more important than talking to you." I slipped past her down the stairs,  not caring to witness her reaction.