TШΣL∇Σ

SLITHER
CHAPTER III

🌑

The next day, I avoided Roman as much as I could. I literally hid in my room until I heard the sound of his motorbike taking off. I felt guilty about yesterday, and I feared that seeing him would be temptation for me.

It was only after I was sure he had left that I came out to even eat. After breakfast, I returned to my room, burying my head in a whole lot of homework and studying.

Today was the day of my date with Cam. I was supposed to meet with him at four in the evening, by The Borderline. He didn't tell me where he was taking me, but he said to dress casually.

But it was now two o'clock and I had no idea what to wear, how to do my hair or about anything else. To say this was my first date would be an honest admission. My history with romance and boys was a blank page. It did not exist.

I was getting ready to write on that page, to begin with Cam. I really didn't want to mess it up, so I did what any girl would do, I called my best friend.

"Yo. " A normal person would start off with a Hello,  but not Lauren.

"Hey Lauren. I need you to come over, like right now. I don't know what to do with myself. "

"Jeez girl, calm down. I'm coming. "

"Hurry up!" I said before hanging up.

I stepped into my closet and rummaged through it trying to find something good to wear. But everything was either too formal or too casual. And what were you supposed to do on a date? What do we talk about? We both knew a good bit about each other, thanks to the assignment in French. And do you kiss on the first date?

An image of Roman came into my mind. How it felt when we kissed, his lips so warm and soft against mine, how our lips danced to the music of the waves. Oh how-

Stop it! I shake my head furiously, I shouldn't be thinking about Roman like that. We are kind of like siblings, even if he's adopted, we still live in the same house. In fact, I shouldn't be thinking about him at all now, I have a date with a really sweet guy and I should be dwelling on that.

I heard a car pulling into the driveway, it must be Lauren. Wow, that was fast! She must have been around somewhere.

"Do not fear, Lau bear is here, " Lauren piped as she barged in through my door without knocking. She beamed at me and then eyed all the clothes I had thrown on my bed in an attempt to find something.

"Hmm... I like this one, " she picked up a blood red dress that was knee length, "You'd look pretty hot. "

" I don't know Lau, he said to dress casually. "

"It's pretty casual!" she said holding the dress against me and making me look in the mirror, "see, it suits you. "

I wasn't too sure though. I wasn't really a dress girl. It was always just jeans and tops for me.

After what felt like hours of Lauren making me agree on wearing a dress, she finally gave in and let me have things my way. At last we decided on an outfit that I was actually comfortable in.

Lauren did my hair into a fish tail, leaving out a few strands to frame my face. She applied makeup on my face under my instructions to keep it minimal, just some eyeliner and a bit of bronzer.

"All right, now you can look. " Lauren rubbed her palms together and looked proudly at her work, me, before spinning me around to face the mirror. She had done a good job, the hair was perfect, the eyeliner dark and mysterious and the bronzer just gave me high looking cheekbones, which were earlier nonexistent.