Chapter 11: Work

Sydney| Austin

Sydney didn't have any option but to work on the weekends. Although sometimes they closed earlier but today it was a normal schedule.

"Sydney baby! Where are you?" Kiki called from the counter up front. Sydney finished placing the last bobby pin on her perfect bun and ran towards the counter.

"Yes Kiki?"

"Honey, I need you working Mr. Finch won't be so happy if he knows you are not working." Sydney nodded and walked back to the bathroom. She stuffed all of her things in her book bag and placed it on the stall that they never use. She glanced at herself one last time in the mirror noticing her dirty blonde hair and her brown almost hazel eyes looking dead today. Her hair wasn't so bad... but her eyes were as if somebody had gave her a black eye. She smiled lively noticing that it was less noticible, yes all she had to do was smile.

Sydney headed to the back of the shop placing herself in position waiting for a costumer to arrive. Shortly after it did, a girl who's appearance was plain just like Sydney's. The girl looked through the racks and placed a dress on top of her body, it was a beautiful blue with pearls dress that showed a little bit of cleavage, still it was not very revealing. It reached to mid- thigh and it would look great with a tow to three inch silver high heels. She shook her head in disapproval and placed it back. Sydney couldn't take it anymore and went over to her with a smile.

"Miss, how can I help you?" Sydney asked politely. The lady smiled in return and bowed her head slightly.

"Oh, nothing really. I'm just looking around."

"What is it that you don't like about this dress?" Sydney took out the same dress the lady had taken and showed it to her once again.

The women was very beautiful, she could defiently wear this. She had a very heart warming smile and blonde wavy hair which was so shiny and lively. It was a shame she tried to hide all that beauty with clothes so plain.

"Oh no, it's beautiful I just don't think I can pull it off." She admitted shyly. Sydney shooked her head and grabbed the ladies wrist. She guided her to a mirror and placed the dress in front of her.

"Why do you think you can't pull it off miss?" She sighted and looked in the mirror.

"I-I don't think it looks good on me, it's for very skinny ladies and for models practically, I'm just too plain." Sydney nearly choked on her own silava. What? How could such a women think she can't pull this off?

"What's your name?"

"Mel..."

"Okay, I'm Sydney and I'm going to tell you my honest opinion. This dress would look gorgeously with your blonde hair. Oh! And those eyes, yes they go very well with the pearls. Mel you are beautiful and nobody could pull this off better than you." She said happily, admitting everything she thought, all from her heart. Mel smiled and looked at her reflection.

"You think so Sydney?" She asked with a smile that said 'I don't think so' all over.

"Of course, what exactly are you planning to do with this dress if  you buy it?" Sydney tilted her head waiting for Mel's response.

"Well... this lovely man asked me out and I wanted to look nice." She said with a laugh.

"Then this dress is perfect for you Mel, what about if you try it on? I'll tell you what I think." Mel nodded happily taking the dress with her. Sydney sighted seeing herself on the mirror, she really didn't look like herself on these clothes. A skirt that reached above from her knees, a white botton up shirt and a pair of black small high heels. No, this wasn't Sydney. Nobody will recognize her if they walk into the store.