Chapter 13: Deceived

Sydney|Austin

Today Sydney took her big grey shirt and a pair of blue navy jeans. She slipped on her black converse and looked for her book bag.

She was all pumped up this morning because of her sleep. This was the first time she felt like this and it was all thanks to him. Sydney went down stairs and ran outside before her parents saw her. She walked to school with a smiled curled on her lips, today was going to be a good day.

She got to school and went to her locker, she put her combination and opened it to see embarrassing and insulting pictures of her. She slammed the locker shut to prevent anybody from seeing them.

Who would do such a thing? It was probably Karen trying to get some revenge for yesterday.

"Hey..." A girl said with a smile. Sydney looked at her with a confused smile in return and raised her eyebrow.

"Can I help you?"

"Uh, well I saw who did that to your locker..." She admitted shyly.

"Do you mind telling me who did it? Or would it bother you?" The girl shook her head and fiddled with her fingers. She was clearly nervous of probably getting in trouble with whoever did this.

"Well... it was Karen and her friends. The thing is that she showed the pictures to many people and in the girls bathroom there are a bunch of them scattered around." Sydney's eyes widen and she suddenly felt like crying. All she felt in her chest was a loud thump as she heard her heart fall to the ground. She was embarrassed of this situation, Karen knew more than she should know.

"I- could you help me?" The girl nodded and took Sydney's wrist pulling her towards the restroom. When they got there the only thing she could see were the pictures of her. She started picking them up and the girl helped her but not without taking a glance at the pictures.

"Why did you tell me?" Sydney asked as she kepts on ripping and picking the pictures up.

"Because what they did was not right. Uh, my name is Heather."

"Sydney..."

Heather took a picture and gasped dropping the others in her hands. Sydney was confused yet scared so she went towards her and took the picture.

"What is this?" Heather asked concerned. Sydney ripped the picture in tiny pieces and bit her lips. This couldn't be happening. How could Karen deceived her like this? She knew and she promised not to tell anybody. She promised yet she still didn't care and broke that promise. What kind of a human being is she?

"Hey, are you okay?"She nodded in response and threw everything in the trash. She couldn't trust anybody. Everyone lied and always made others suffer when they have done nothing wrong.

"Please leave me alone..." Heather looked at Sydney and gave her a hug. She didn't know this girl, why is she doing this? Why is she helping her? Why is she being kind? Sydney wanted to ask her this, she really did but a small hand was tugging her heart telling it to stay in silent.

"I'm sorry, I'll help you if you'd like?" Sydney shook her head and thanked Heather for her kindness. She left to class and sat on her seat. She was about to cry, she wanted to cry. She looked at the corner of her desk and thought about Austin. She took her pencil in her hand but couldn't seem to write anything. Her hand shaked and she felt her eyes twitch, please no.

"Sydney what is the answer to this?" The teacher asked happily. She looked at her with her eyes watery and grabbed her book bag running out o the classroom. She went to the place she worked and saw Kiki. Sydney walked up to Kiki and gave her a hug.