Chapter 19: Regret

*Austin Pov*

Kiki| Austin

It has been a week since the argument with Sydney. He was worried about her and what happend with her. Austin couldn't lie to himself... he missed her so much that he didn't feel like eating or moving in the least. Does that mean he is love sick? He didn't know. He wasn't even sure if he loved her to feel that way.

"Austin come on, what's wrong with you? I miss you baby." Karen told him with a smile. She held his hand in hers and pushed the food tray towards him. "At least eat something honey, I'm really worried." She leaned foward to kiss him but he quickly looked away and faced the other way. He felt weird that Karen kissed him, he usually liked it, but today he wasn't feeling it. Karen simply sighs and gets up.

"I have to get going, get better Austin." She waved goodbye and skipped away with her friends. This time Austin sighted and slumped his entire body on his seat

He needed to talk to Sydney, urgently. His head was about to explode if he didn't. Austin reached out for his phone and saw all the calls from her with different phone numbers. He named them all by her name, why? Because he didn't know which would she use. Austin even answered strange numbers which he never did just to check if it was her.

He once again groans desperately, he lost her. He was panicking at this point and he couldn't do anything about it. Austin acted impatiently towards the situation, now she was gone. He should've waited for her.

He got up and left the cafeteria with no emotion at all. He dragged his feet to class when suddenly he felt someone hug him from behind getting him really annoyed.

"Let go of me." Austin snarled at the person. She quickly let's go and stepped in front of him. "Oh Paula, sorry I thought it was someone else." She fixed her book bag and raised her eyebrow.

"What happend?"

"I messed up with Sydney... I told her that I wanted to see her and only made things worse. She got mad because I was rushing her and she's right, I was. It's just I can't help it. I really like her and I have never felt this way towards anybody." Paula hums and starts to think. She wanted to help him, but she didn't how. His situation was hard that's why she never liked online relationships.

"Don't you think she's fake?"

"What? No! I don't think that at all."

"How do you know?" He thought about it and didn't even have an answer to that, let's just say that he felt it, he felt her honesty when she talked.

"Um, I just do." She sighted and shook her head.

"Well... if you think that then okay. I really don't know what to tell you. She probably isn't real."

"Paula she is real. You have to trust me when I tell you that."

"Hm, alright. Don't say I didn't warn you, I think you should stop talking to her. Haven't you noticed when you end a conversation with her sometimes you just get in a really bad mood and don't want to talk to anyone?"

"Yeah I know, and that's part of liking someone. I like her Paula, I really do. I'm willing to do anything for her now."

"Why do you say that?"

"I may sound stupid over the phone, but I do notice things. I think she is having problems at home." Paula looks at Austin worried and sighs loudly knowing she couldn't do much to help him out in this. He was so complicated and stubburn.

The bell rings making Austin jump from suprise, he straightens his book bag and keeps on walking. Paula giggles and bumps his shoulder.

"Okay then, good luck amigo." She says as she leaves to her designated classroom. Austin chuckles and skipped to the bathrooms. He locked himself in a stall and took his phone out, with no pride whatsoever he pressed one of Sydney's number hoping that she would answer.

The phone clicks.

"Hello?"

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Who is this?"

"Um, who is this?"

"What? I asked you first!"

"I asked second! Now answer."

"Fine... my name is Austin and I am looking for a girl called Sydney."

"Oh! Hey, my name is Kiki and I am Sydney's friend. She is not working right now so you'll have to catch up with her later in the day."

"Wait, Sydney works?"

"Yeah she does, it's a boutique shop."

"She never told me that."

"You sound like a good kid, so I'll tell you something. Sydney keeps a lot of secrets ones not so serious and some that are. What I am trying to say is that she has a very difficult life and even if I try to help I feel like I can't do much. Everytime she talks to you she seems much happier and relieved. She always wants to talk to you and I am happy that she feels that way about someone that's not Shon or I ... but you have to be very careful in what you say."

"I- I am so sorry..."

"Why?"

"I made her upset, because of stupid feelings that I have. I only wanted to see her in real life but she wasn't ready and I pushed it."

"Ahh, so that's why she was crying the other day."

"I made her cry? God! I'm such a bad friend."

"Yeah you did, but that doesn't mean you are a bad friend. You know people make mistakes right? And that they are not perfect. It's good that you two got what was in your chest out, even if it made her upset then that's okay."

"Wow, who are you? Are you like some wise wizard or something?"

"Eh nope, I'm only Kiki the cashier."

"Oh..."

"Either way just know that Sydney is having a hard time right now and that you are the only friend apart from me that she has."

"I understand, thank you Kiki the cashier."

"Your welcome plain Austin."

"Plain Austin?!"

He hears her laugh and hangs up the phone. He know understood what was kind of happening and decided that he should talk to her, maybe give her a little bit more time to give her some space.

He was done with his feeling only. If he really liked her then he should wait until she's ready. This time he'll be a man apoligize and most importantly be patient.

○●○●

*If you liked this chapter please give it vote, follow, and comment.*

©2018 XCoca_Cola_PopX All rights reserved.