Chapter 5 - Please

**Trigger Warning**

[Kaylee's POV]

Its been a week since we've lived with my aunt and uncle.

I cleared the custody papers with my aunt and uncle and they are now Cayden's legal guardians until I make enough money to support the both of us.

The news continue to show the same gruesome murders of children, and I get worried for Cayden, but they haven't reached the area where my aunt and uncle live, so I'm not too worried.

But who the fuck stuffs candy into children?? Even Ted Bundy or the Zodiac killer would think "What the hell?! That's crazy!" This is some Trick or Treat movie stuff, I swear.

Right now we were both home, Cayden watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while I checked online for any jobs.

Aunt Imogen and Uncle Roger were out of town visiting a sick friend, so me and Cayden had the house to ourselves for the weekend.

I looked at the time and saw it was getting late so I told Cayden to go to bed.

I made sure he changed, brush his teeth, and I tucked him into. bed before getting ready myself.

I was then going to bed when I suddenly hear a noise coming from Cayden's room.

It was... It sounded like a jack-in-the-box.

I got out of bed and walked out into the hall.

Pop Goes the Weasel was playing through out the hall as I approached Cayden's room.

Odd thing- Cayden doesn't own a jack-in-the-box. Never did.

I slowly turned the nob to open the door. "Cayden??"

I opened the door and gasped in horror at the sight before me.

Cayden huddled in the corner, whimpering in fear, as a dark tall figure stood before him.

"Kaylee!!!!" Cayden cried as soon as he saw me.

The figure then turned around and that's when I noticed his features.

It was... A monochromatic clown, with a spirally cone shaped nose, long striped slender arms, long black claws for hands, and sharped teeth shaped into an evil smile.

"W-Who are you??" I stuttered. "G-Get away from him."

"I would, but I am really craving some organs with a side of candy," he laughed, turning back to Cayden.

I gasp and run up between them. "NO, STOP!!"

The clown stopped and frowned at me.

"P-Please, d-don't," I sobbed. "Take me instead, but not my little brother. He's all I have left."

The clown eyed me before he saw my bandaged wrists.

He snatched one of my wrists, making me yelp, as his claw slices the bandages off.

I've unfortunately added some new cuts last night, because I felt the urge come back and... I sadly gave in...

The clown observed the cuts like he's never seen anything like it.

"Who did this? Or what??" he asked.

"W-What??" I asked, Cayden clutching to me.

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!!" he sneered, making me and Cayden yelp as we coward to the ground, my arm still his grip.

My other arm was around Cayden.

"I DID!" I sobbed hard. "I-I made those!!!"

"Why did you?? Seems very brutal, carving your own limbs," the clown said, releasing my wrist. "More brutal than me."

I shake my head harshly as I buried Cayden's face in my shoulder so he wouldn't see, and I was crying uncontrollably as I coiled my arms around him, and looked up at the clown.

"I-I can't tell you. Please, just go. I won't call the police, I won't tell anyone, I'll let you kill me, just please, go and leave my little brother alone," I choked in tears.

He knelt down to my level so his white eyes looked into mine.

"This won't be the last time you heard of me," he said before disappearing in cloud of black smoke.

Cayden and I clung to each other tightly before I checked him for any injuries.

"Cayden, how did he get in? Did you see??" I asked, trying to calm myself.

He shakes his head as I wiped his tears.

"Did he say anything to you??" I asked.

He nodded quickly. "H-His name."

"What's his name??" I asked.

He gulped nervously.

"His name is Laughing Jack."