Chapter 8 - Second Encounter

I woke up to my head feeling sore and my stomach and hips stinging, like after I cut them.

I look around and see I'm... in my room?? Back and my aunt and uncle's house??

H-How did I get here?? I gasped and sat up, remembering everything.

Those men... I-I was about to be raped.... I saw I wore another shirt, different from two one those men... wherever they are.... tore to shreds. I lifted the shirt to see bandages on my abdomen.

Did my aunt or uncle patch me up?? Did someone save me??

I sat up and looked around, then noticed the time on my alarm clock.

11:48 pm

Everyone must be dead asleep. I should check on Cayden.

"I wouldn't get up if I were you," a deep voice said, making me jump. "You got hurt."

I look around, but see I'm alone in the room.

I must have taken a hard hit on the head.

I lay back to look at the ceiling when I froze.

Staring down at me.... Was that clown.... that dreaded Laughing Jack... perched on the headboard of the bed.

I was about to let out a scream when he covers my mouth with his... hand??

But I thought he had claws....

"Don't scream, or else," he said in a sneer, before his black lips turn into a razor sharp smile. "Wouldn't want to wake up your folks, would you??"

I froze and shook my head, tears streaming down my face.

"Then just stay quiet," he said. He removed his hand and then jumped down from the headboard to the bed over me in a pouncing stance as he looked down at me dead in the eye, his hands on either side of my head, his body hovering inches over mine, but not touching mine.

I tried to look away from his deadly gaze, soft whimpers escaping my lips. Laughing Jack only made look at him.

"What's your name??" he asked.

Wait, what??

"K-Kaylee," I murmured with a stutter. "W-What do you want from me??"

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me and then my wrist before grabbing it.

"No, please, don't!!" I cried.

"Shh!" he said to me before holding his hand up, his other hand gripped my wrist.

It was then his hand shot up into his claws like Wolverine.

I yelped in fear and sobbed quietly as I felt his claws cutting my bandages.

"Okay, okay, fine. Do whatever you want, kill me if you want, but please, I'm begging you, leave my baby brother and family alone, please," I begged.

He soon cuts the bandages off and looks at my cuts.

I just looked away and cried.

"Very strange..." he said. "Why do you do that??"

I shake my head hard.

"I can't say... I shouldn't say," I sobbed.

He only grunts impatiently and in an unamused tone.

{Laughing Jack}

Why wouldn't she tell me??

My, she seems like a stubborn girl.

She looks up at me with frightened eyes.

I jumped back from her and sat cross legged at the foot of her bed and then she sat up, hugging her legs and breathing as if she were having a panic attack.

"Can you just relax?? If I were to kill you, I would have done it since day one, but you intrigue me, Kaylee the human," I said, crossing my arms and sitting straight. "Never met someone who does what you do, much less what they've done."

"Why would I intrigue you?? I'm ju- Wait... You've never seen cuts before??" she asked confused.

I shake my head. "I've seen one person cut another person, but a person cutting their own person?? Very peculiar to me," I said.

"People have their reasons," she mumbled, looking down, still hugging her legs.

"Then what is your reason ??" I asked, tilting my head.

She shook her head. "Why are you desperate to know??"

I shrug. "I find it very unusual to do. Just letting your own blood escape your own body with tiny but very  deep scratches. Very insane," I said. "More insane than me."

She grunted. "I shouldn't even be talking to you. Y-You've killed children, you tried to kill my little brother....." she said.

"I also saved your life," I admitted as I finished her sentence.