Chapter 9 - Closer

[Kaylee's POV]

I froze when he said.

"W-What??" I asked, sitting up.

Laughing Jack rolls his eyes and sighs. "Must I draw you a picture?? I said, I. Saved. Your. Life," he said, making hand gestures.

I look at him weirdly and shake my head in disbelief, until I remember how I was attacked.

I was giving up,  and my attackers suddenly started screaming.

They were screaming for help. For mercy. And I could only hear 'Pop Goes the Weasel' as everything went quiet.

I then lifted my shirt and revealed bandages over my abdomen.

"You.... You killed them??" I asked.

"Murder is one thing, but rape is a much worse crime to commit, or to even try. Especially to a fragile human like you," Laughing Jack said with a small shrug but serious tone.

"W-What did you do to them??" I asked.

"Let's just say the piñata aisle at Party City is in for a real treat. Hahahahahaha!!!" he laughed maniacally.

I gulped and then cautiously began to crawl meekly towards his side of the bed.

Laughing Jack stopped laughing and looked slightly taken back by my actions and quietly observed his tall form as I sat down in front of him and took in his facial features.

His white soulless eyes.

His black sharp smile.

His spirally cone shaped nose.

I reached a hesitant hand up and touched his raven black hair, shining with the moonlight that seeped through the window curtain and made it shine. It was surprisingly soft, and fluffy, and smooth.

I meekly traced his cheekbone and cupped his cheek before I curiously looked at his spiral patterned nose.

Curiously, I poked the tip of it, which seemed to irritate him a little bit (and make him slightly growl), but he still remained still.

I pursed my lips and then noticed his clawed hands and hold one up.

There was dried blood on the long black claws. Definitely not mine.

I poked the tip and yelped as it sliced my finger and I draw my hand back.

I look and see my finger bleeding profusely.

Laughing Jack sighs. "Even with someone on the room, you manage to make yourself bleed," he says, drawing back his claws so he had regular hands.

He then takes my hand in his hands and puts my lacerated finger in his mouth and just leaves it there, still.

"W-What are you doing?? L-Let me go!!" I whispered-yelled.

Surprised my family heard nothing.

He then released my hand and I snatched my hand back, and was shocked to see.... I wasn't bleeding...

The cut on my finger was now a healed and thin pink line.

"You..." I said in shock, amazed by what he just did.

"And I have some more tricks up my sleeve, sweetheart," he smirked in a proud tone.

I just shake it off. "Wait, you never properly told me. What do you want from me, clown??" I said.

There was suddenly a knock at the door.

"Kaylee?? Are you awake??" my uncle's voice asked from behind the door.

There was suddenly a black puff of smoke and Laughing Jack was gone.

In his place on the bed sat.... a laughing jack-in-the box...

A monochromatic laughing jack in the box.

My bedroom door just opened and in walked my uncle in a night robe.

"Sweetie, are you alright??" he asked.

It took a while to answer, since I was still trying to process what just happened, but I slowly nod.

"Y-Yeah, I just... had a bad dream," I said as he sat on my bed.

"Oh OK. We came home and found you asleep but with a bruise. What happened??" he asked me, checking my face, which stung on my cheek, which must be the visible bruise.

Think of something!

"I-I was accidentally hit by a guy. A fight broke out out of nowhere while I walked down the street, and... yeah. But nothing serious," I said.

Not as serious than an evil clown in a box sitting right on my bed obsessed with knowing why I self harm.

"Okay. So long as you're alright. Just get some sleep then, alright??" he said, getting up and kissing the top of my head. "Good night."

"Okay. Good night," I said as he started walking out, but then noticed the box.

"Where did you find that?" he asked.

Gulp.

I shrugged. "Found it."

"Remember having these as a kid. You should give it to Cayden," he suggested.

Uuhh... How about hell no?

"I'll think about it," I  as he left, closing my door.

I then grab the box and jump out of bed.

"I don't know what you want, Clown Man, but you're staying in that closet until nobody's home," I snapped, and pry my closet door open and toss the old black and white box into my closet and shut the door, locking it. "You better not be a box when I open this door."

I changed into a T-shirt and shorts and crawl into bed, immediately falling asleep.

Its been a long day.