Chapter 10 - Start Talking

The next morning I dropped off Cayden at his new school for his first day. I then went back home.

News of my attackers found at Party City spread like wildfire, how they were found hung like piñatas in the aisle stuffed with candy, no bones or organs whatsoever, with a sign saying 'RAPIST PIGS' hung around they're necks. The store is closed until further notice.

My uncle told me to stay home to rest my injuries, and I can work on Monday.

I arrive and notice my aunt and uncle left.

I run into the kitchen and grab the big butchering knife before walking up the stairs and entering my bedroom, shutting the door.

I then open the closet door and grab the jack-in-the-box and place it on the floor.

"Alright, how do I get you out of this thing??" I said.

I then saw the crank and decided to go with that.

I wind the crank, the annoying Pop Goes the Weasel tune echoing in the silent room.

Suddenly, a cloud of smoke forms around the box and I back up, clutching the knife as I watched the black cloud grow.

Suddenly it disappeared and there sat Laughing Jack sitting on the ground, clutching his head and groaning.

"Damn you, you could have at least put me down gently," he growled before looking up at me, my grip tightening around the knife.

Laughing Jack just snickered.

"Well, what a cute sight," he snickered, getting up.

"No games, Clown Man. I want answers, so start talking," I said, trying to sound brave.

"About what, Human Girl, the weather??" he laughed.

"No!" I snapped. "Why are you so interested in my self harming?? Why me and no one else??"

He cocked his head to the side. "No one else? You mean other people do it?? What, is doing that some sort of hobby??"

"Y-Yes...and no! Ugh, just, why does it interest you??" I asked.

"Well, why do you do it?? I recall you said you had your reasons," he said, sitting down Indian style on the ground.

I gulp and just relax, letting the knife slip from my hand and fall to the ground.

"I... I can't say..." I said.

"So, you're not going to tell me why you take, say, that knife you planned to kill me with, and just cut your arms??" he asked.

"It... Its not just my arms...." I muttered.

"Hmm?" he said. "What do you mean??"

I should have kept my mouth shut.

"N-Nothing," I said, looking down, crossing my arms over my chest.

I felt everything silence before footsteps approach me and then his hand grab the hem of my shirt.

I immediately turn my back towards him, facing the door.

"No!" I said, feeling tears in my eyes pouring down my cheeks. "You'll think I'm some freak... A monster..."

"Human Girl, I'm a monster. I kill people, you heard what I did with those people who hurt you," he said calmly.

I clutched the door frame as he clutched my shoulder.

"I'm not afraid to show people my damages. Nobody is here but you and me. Show me your damage, and tell me why," he said, gently turning me around, but I keep my graze to my feet.

Soft hands then pinch my chin and my head is forced to look at Laughing Jack's white eyes. They were full of seriousness yet... sympathy??

I gulped and hesitated before nodding.

"O-Okay," I said.

He then took the hem of my shirt and lifted it, seeing the cuts and scars on my stomach.

I just lean back against the door and silently cry, covering my face as he observed the cuts.

"Very peculiar... and you're very thin," he muttered, tracing them softly with his fingers. "Why do you do this??"

I let out a choked sob. "I-I don't know where to start..." I muttered as he sat down, then pulled me down to sit in front of him.

"I've got all day," he said.

I sighed, taking a deep breath.

Then, I began to tell him.