Duet

MC POV

It has been about a week since Zen and I have found out about my pregnancy, Zen has been really supportive purchasing things I need and doing research to make sure he is supporting me the best he can.  Of course because of his work he can not always do things for me but no matter what it is from having a shower to wanting ice cream Zen always seems to do it for me. He is still working but I am afraid that if he does not focus on work he will lose the part of the prince that he worked so hard to get.

"Hey, babe" Zen's head shot up he was trying to read over his script. He was not doing his usual dramatic mumbling of his character nor dramatic hand movements.

Zen: "Yes? do you need something?" I sigh 

"Zen I think you may be worrying for me too much. You aren't as active in work as you used to be and you always get things for me the minute I need it. It's not like I am not appetitive I love that you are caring for me but I think you need to you know relax a bit" Zen relaxed his arms onto his knees.

Zen: "Am I being that worrisome? I'm sorry MC it's just the fact that we have not told any of the members and the constant thought that you might need me is distracting me" 

"Sing" Zen looked at me surprised.

Zen: "S-sing? Why do you want me to sing?"

"Remember when I was braiding your hair last week and I was humming a song. I did that because it helps clear my mind and with everything going on I think maybe you just need to sing"  Zens face turned red

Zen: "I mean I would love to but what would I sing?" I put my hand on my chin and think for a moment.

"OH!" I stand up and take Zen's hand and bring him over to his piano

Zen: "You want me to play?"

"If you play City of stars I can sing with you!" I smile at Zen. His face turned red.

Zen: "wow I have not played that song in a while" Zen sits down in the piano chair and stretches. He takes out a music sheet and flips through it quickly to refresh his memory. Zen looks at me "do you know the woman's part?"

"yes, I do!" Zen smiles and begins playing. He takes a deep breath and begins to sing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen: "City of stars
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars
There's so much that I can't see
Who knows?
I felt it from the first embrace I shared with you"

"That now our dreams
They've finally come true
City of stars
Just one thing everybody wants
There in the bars
And through the smokescreen of the crowded restaurants
It's love
Yes, all we're looking for is love from someone else"

Zen: A rush

" A glance"

Zen: "A touch"

"A dance" 

Both:  "A look in somebody's eyes light up the skies

To light up the skies
To open the world and send it reeling
A voice that says, I'll be here
And you'll be alright

I don't care if I know
Just where I will go
'Cause all that I need is this crazy feeling
A rat-tat-tat of my heart"

Zen: "Think I want it to stay

City of stars
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars"

"You never shined so brightly"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen takes his hands off of the keyboard and places them on his knees and turns towards me.

Zen: "We really should sing together more often" I look at Zen he looks like he is flustered but I can tell that he feels much better than before.

"I agree that was fun. Although I really don't think my singing voice is the best" I laugh awkwardly and push my hair out of my face. I was feeling a little flustered too.

Zen: "Aww babe I think your voice is amazing" Zen stands up and kisses my cheek "and that is not just because I love you" I cover my face with my hands.

"AHHH ZEN!!" Zen laughs then hug's me. 

Zen: "You know me so well MC. You always know what to do when I feel upset but yet the best I can do for you is just hold your hand or hug you and tell you that everything will be alright" I pull away from zen and place my hands on his shoulders 

"Zen that is all I need. as long as I know you love me and that you will stay by my side through thick and thin that is good enough for me." I take my hands off of Zens shoulders and kiss his nose. "Now that you are feeling better how about practicing?" Zen then scoops me up from my feet.

Zen: "Only if you help me my princess" I pretend to swoon in Zens arms. "Huh that's odd I didn't think we where rehearsing sleeping beauty" Zen kisses me.

"I princess MC have awoken! are you my prince?" Zen laughed

Zen: "Why yes I am and I have woken you up from a horrible spell with a kiss"

"My hero" I hug Zen and we both share a laugh before zen putting me down. "Alright, lets go practice your real script before we go crazy!" I walk back into the living room where Zen left his paper I grabbed it and gave it to zen. "Alright go when you're ready!" Zen clears his throat and rehearses a line that shows his character confessing his love towards the maiden he has fallen in love with. After he was done he looked at me.

Zen: "so how did I do?" I was sitting on the floor in front of Zen 

"Well I am no musical actor but..... That was amazing!" I clap my hands "how are you so good at these scenes?!" Zen put his hand behind his head 

Zen: "well instead of the maiden I think of you" he gives me a gentle smile 

"Y-you think of me?" Zen sits in front of me.

Zen: "yep although I portray a different character I want my love to belong to you..... I uh-hope you don't mind"

"Aww, Zenny! I don't mind at all!"

Zen: "Oh okay good I was afraid you think I was possessive of you or something" I shake my head

"Never. now keep going you are doing great so far!" Zen looks back at his script and I help him practice until suppertime.