Bad Dream

Zen had fallen asleep in my lap, I wanted to take a picture but I decided not to and enjoy the moment. It was about 40 min when Zen started to make noises and his face changed from being peaceful to being scared. I look down at him and touch his head.

"Zen?" He quickly jumped awake sitting up

Zen: "GAHHHH! MC!" he frantically looked around the room.

"Zen?" He turned towards me. Zen was breathing heavily

Zen: "Oh thank god." Zen put his hand on his forehead "It was a dream" he was shaking not because it was cold outside but because whatever he saw in his dream scared him.

"Zen are you okay? Your shaking." Zen looked down at his hands 

Zen: "Oh I am. Don't worry MC i'm fine I just had a nightmare" I grab Zen's hands and he stiffened up.

"Zen what happened? I have seen you get nightmares but they usually aren't this bad." Zen stayed silent and did not let go of my hands. "Babe?"

Zen: "......" Zen started to cry a bit

"Oh my god Zen!" I crawl over to him and wipe his face with the blanket "I-I'm sorry i'm not pressuring you, am I?" He pulled me into a hug

Zen: "I couldn't save you. I-I could have but I couldn't. I tried but all I saw was...." He let me go and put his hands on his face.

"Zen please don't cry" I try to reach for his hands but I realized that maybe Zen has been holding in more stress then he lets on.

Zen: "I tried but- God I am so sorry" I then pulled down Zen's hands he was still shaking "MC I-"

"Zen Can you do something for me?" He looked at me his eyes were a little swollen. "Just take a deep breath and relax." Zen put his hands down and took a deep breath. I held his hand as he calmed down. "Feeling a little better?"

Zen: "Yea thanks. I must have scared you" I nodded 

"You did a little which is why I did what you did to me earlier" I wipe his face "Alright, can you talk about your dream or do you want to wait?" Zen looked down he was still shaking a little but not as much as before.

Zen: "yea I can tell you" He takes a deep breath "It was the day when the hacker broke into Ricka's apartment only this time when I went to go save you I couldn't, you looked so scared and I couldn't do anything. It was like I was a ghost all I could do is watch and scream as he took you away" I felt my heart sink 

"Oh, Zen but you did save me" he looks up at me "see I'm okay!"

Zen: "Thank god you are because if you where taken I-I would never forgive myself " Zen turns around and leans on his knees "I'm sorry I know stress is not good for you or the baby its just so many things are happening right now and I don't know if I can take it" 

"Do you want to go for a walk? it's only 3 and some air might be good" Zen stands up and sighs 

Zen: "Alright. here let me help you up" I take his hand and we get our jackets on, Zen brings an extra scarf just in case. We walk outside its snowing Zens eyes really stand out in the snow because of its crimson color. "You're not too cold, are you?" I grab Zens hand

"I'm fine, I needed to take a walk any way I was starting to get cramps. Are you warm enough?"

Zen: "Yes..... God, I'm sorry I freaked out. I am usually good with calming myself down but something about the dream I had really hurt me"

"Zen it really is okay stuff like this happens and when it does I promise I will be here" Zen looks at me

Zen: "You really are an angel you know that right" I blush