New role part 2

LIN POV

"Do you think that my character is sterner here? You know like he is mad?" I was sitting on the floor and Dad was on the couch we were both looking over our lines. We had them memorized but we wanted to make sure that the emotion behind the lines where there so we did not sound like robots.

Zen: "I think so. Why don't you ask the director he always has good ideas when it comes to characters." I put down my script and lean back.

"I can't believe the performance is in two days" Dad smiles

Zen: "I know I am so excited. You are going to do great I can fell it!" I smile at dad but then turn my head and put my hand on my head.

"Yea although you don't think this will affect my learning do you?" Dad slides down to the floor with me.

Zen: "Lin you are graduating high school this year and as far as I am concerned from this point on you can do whatever you like. I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy but don't you want me to go to college or university?"

Zen: "It is all up to you. If you feel like you need to then you can but if you don't want to then I will support that."

"Okay." We finish practicing and head over to dress rehearsal both me and dad are in costume along with everyone else. The musical was centered around my character and the struggle through high school to some people it may seem boring but it has deep topics that really brings out the story.

Director: "Lin can I see you a moment?" I walk over to the director

"Yes?"

Director: "Don't look so scared it is nothing bad." I sigh of relief.

"Sorry, somtimes you seem so scary." The director laughs

Director: "Yea I tend to have that effect on people. I just wanted to congratulate you. A high school student working both in a choir and in a Broadway musical. That takes skill and organization. You are talented Lin I want you to know that." I smile at the director. "I want you to be in future plays so look forward to that." We walk's back to his chair and dad walks behind me.

Zen: "Did he congratulate you?" I look up at dad

"How did you know?" He shrugs

Zen: "He always puts on a face that after a while with working with him you know that is the face of pride. He really likes you. Reminds me of when I first met him."

"Oh, yea you started acting when you were my age right?"

Zen: "Yes I did. I think he sees you like he saw me." Dad looks at me and smiles "I really am so proud of you Lin. You are working so hard."

"Well, I don't hate doing this. I love it! especially when we sing AHHHH it is so fun!" We both hear the end bell so we are free to leave. "Oh wow, the next performance will be the real deal" Dad kneels in front of me.

Zen: "And you will do a great job!"

---- TIME SKIP ----

It is the day of the performance and I am panicking backstage I did not expect so many people to show up. Dad was still getting into uniform and I was already ready for the first scene. Dad walked out in costume and saw me panicking.

Zen: "Lin are you okay?"

"Dad I-I don't know. There are so many people here." He walks over and gives me a hug

Zen: "You must be nervous huh?" I nod Dad then begins to take deep breaths. "Follow my lead. Everything will be fine" I take deep breaths with dad and in about 10 min I am back to normal. "feeling better?" He lets go of me and I sigh