𝐕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃

quote: "life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself, " — george bernard shaw

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

I SNUGGLE INTO MY into my pillow until, I jolt awake, looking around. My alarm makes a beeping sound, that is repeatedly ringing through my ears and alike every day that I had to attend school. School, ugh. I look over to my nightstand to look at the photo of my father and I see the photo of Casper and his parents next to the photo of my father, then the family picture of me, Mum and Dad. "You little rascal!" I mutter to myself, "You're so ." He was a ghost, after all, when he moved it was soundless. I wear dark black faded jeans and a random top I found in my drawer. I pull a knitted jumper over my head. I tie my hair in a rather sloppy ponytail. I smile and pull on my white low-cut converse. I walk over to the bathroom to do my business and brush my teeth.

I smile and pull my book-bag over my shoulder. I was about to walk out the door, Kat's number. I race back and grab it, then breaking into a run towards the stairs following the route towards the kitchen. Over the three weeks that we had been here, my mum had managed to clean the kitchen and repair most of the damage that the poor kitchen has endured for many many decades. A few things we would need a professional to do, just it is sort of hard when you live with four ghosts. I will admit not many even the brave and adventurous souls would risk coming here. I walk over to the kitchen to see Casper making breakfast, pancakes. "Good Morning," I say and I take a seat next to my Mum who is reading the local paper. Of course, and as always Casper would have gotten if for her. "Morning," Casper says, placing pancakes in front of me. "Thanks," I say smiling to see Casper smiling back, then I dashing some maple syrup over my very delicious looking pancakes.

"Did you sleep well?" My Mum asks, her eyes bright, finally shifting her gaze from the paper. "Yeah," I say. "Good, Now I'll be at the shop today, working later shifts. So I'll come back later than usual tonight. Don't cause trouble..." She starts, the only people that cause trouble are the ghostly trio. "Okay," I mutter with a mouth full of food. I think deeply thinking about how I'm going to make this call. I want it to be a surprise for Casper. I knew he would start to suspect things if I asked mum now, he was smart. Very smart. Just so many questions kept flooding my head.

Just how am I gonna do this? They would notice if I used the phone here, or even my stupid one that never does what I want to it do, as it freezes and does stupid things. Mum would suspect something if I asked to use her as she would ask, "Who are you calling? None of your business!" I just let my mind try to settle the raging questions in my head. Just would I be okay with this? How would Casper go with this? How would he feel? Is this wrong what I am doing? How Casper's Uncles begged for him to let her go... I shivered at their reaction when I first came here, how they were protective over him, cruel and cold towards me. But in the deep depths of there heart, they were only trying to protect him. Would I help him or make things worse?

I chew down my pancakes, hurrying, I came to the conclusion that; I could go to the shop after school! Mum has a phone there! Then I would ask Kat to come over for the day, tomorrow even. I knew what I could be leaving behind. I knew this was wrong, me not being there the whole time, only for my selfish desires. Or was it that I couldn't stand to not be her?  The one he needed. I knew what I was gonna do, I had made up my mind. "Okay, I'm off to school." I play cooly, trying not to be depressed about it. Luckily Mum had no idea about the notes or anything. But Casper did. He would tell her eventually, right?

"I can walk you," Casper asks, seeing the distress in my eyes. The tears threatening to fall. "If you want, I don't mind," I say, looking towards the tips of my shoes. Then while walking slinging my book-bag over my shoulder and rushing as quick as I could, out of the room. I look over to my mum who just smiles, saying nothing. I knew she wasn't dumb but how come she didn't notice anything... "Okay bye." I hear my mother call in the distance, sighing. "No, I love you mum or even a kiss goodbye?!" I walk out of the Manor, then I see my blazing red bike, that had a chipped paint job. I remember doing one hundred and seventy-one lawn jobs so I had enough money to by the bike I begged my father to get me. I smile wildly like a crazy old lady, proud of the idea that came to her mind.