𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏

quote: "sometimes being lost is worth being found," — unknown

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

"MAY," MY MOTHER CALLS her voice echoing throughout Whipstaff. Casper sat on the edge of the bed as I ran around my room, searching for some clothes that he could wear that so he didn't look like he stepped out of 'Back to the Future.' "Coming!" I shout. "Just give me five minutes." I found a large pair of grey sweatpants that were once my dads and a large white top from one of my drawers. I quickly find a toothbrush and pull out one of my travel tubes of toothpaste I had spare. "Here." I hand the items over to Casper. "I'll find you some socks and shoes," I say, pulling out an old suitcase that had a few of my Dads things. "Thank you, May." Casper walks over to the bathroom and closes the door, silently.

I end up finding my Dad's old running shoes, and I find a pair of my Dad's black socks. "Perfect!" I exclaim, then I let out a relieved sigh. I sit on my bed and wait for Casper to appears with a warm smile and he had put on the shirt backwards. "Casper, " I muttered trying to hide my laughter and barely keeping a straight face. "You put the shirt on backwards." Casper's face twists as if he had bit into a sour lemon. "Oh right, Can you p-please help me?" He stutters sending me a worried look, I was sure Casper knew how to put on a shirt. I bit my lip, trying to hide my sudden amusement and surprise, "Sure."

Casper pulls off the shirt, revealing his lightly muscled chest. I could feel the blush rising up onto my cheeks. Casper hands me the shirt and he leans over the shirt as I explain. "See the tag that goes at the back and the part without the tag is the front." His locks fall onto his forehead making Casper even more attractive, he concentrated very hard memorising what I told him. "Sorry," Casper says his eyes full of embarrassment. He pulls on the shirt this time the right way and does it very quickly. "I found these socks and shoes." I hand them over and as he sits on the bed, he pulls on the socks and ties on the laces. "It's been a long time since I did this." Casper apologies as he had to redo his left foot again.

"I understand." I smile sweetly, planting a kiss on his cheek. He smiles like a goofus, his smile very much like last night. My stomach fills with butterflies of the thought of it. And the kiss and the dancing until the early hours of the morning. "May, I told you that we had to go ten minutes ago." My mother growls, leaning against the door frame then somehow my mother laughs. "You both look so cute," she adds almost adoring us. In a way, I could see the longing for my father in her eyes. Casper stands up, pulling me with him. Casper was at least a head taller and a half than me now, maybe more. It was weird that he was warm, I was getting used to his cold, see-through body. I wasn't tall but I wasn't short for my age I suppose rather an average height. Casper, when he was a ghost, was only about half of me, constantly floating at my height.

You could see that my dad's running shoes were a little bit as he walked a little funny. He turned to me intertwining our fingers, then kissing my hand. For a moment he was wary as if he'd done something wrong, his face growing red of embarrassment. It sounded stupid and very cliche but our hands fit perfectly. "I-I like it," I mutter nervously. Casper smiles happily, "I like it too." My mother looks back, laughing quietly to herself, slowly descending down the long staircase.

We walk out of Whipstaff's entrance and make our way to my Dad's old truck. My Dad was a once real-estate man selling houses, I often thought why people from other towns out of Friendship didn't buy Whipstaff, it had been around twenty years since Carrigan Critten had taken ownership after her father died and herself not much latter. They had kept it in the family until not so long ago about six months to sell it, whom my mother, of course, brought it, although it's Casper now, legally is in Casper's name.